• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

when sh*t goes south?

one long gun for a sub urban SHTF

• Total voters
So i figure a dirt bike is more maneuverable but emits noise and is demanding more attention than a quad but either would be great to move great distances in small amounts of time...

AK . Too many small parts on the AR that can fail and render the rifle useless . Many gun owners take for granted the ease of parts availability . If the economy collapses .... having a gas ring or hammer pin failure would be mighty inconvenient.

It's a hard concept to swallow. "Bugging out". We have grown so accustomed to the day to day conveniences of our lifestyle and it's niceties. It won't be a easy thing to do. I imagine a lot will just give up and stay in the cities and raid. If I have time to get into the truck and head north I will be grand. If not it's not going to be the party all the preppers on TV think it will be. IT WILL BE HELL. There will be yelling and screaming and nashing of teeth. The guns will become a tool.

AK . Too many small parts on the AR that can fail and render the rifle useless . Many gun owners take for granted the ease of parts availability . If the economy collapses .... having a gas ring or hammer pin failure would be mighty inconvenient.
I have two complete upper and lower parts groups in my pack. After taking it out of the bubble pack it's just a few little baggies. Weight, probably less than a pound. Maybe a pound at most. I got that covered. I used mil spec+ parts in all my builds. Shouldn't have a problem there.

I have two complete upper and lower parts groups in my pack. After taking it out of the bubble pack it's just a few little baggies. Weight, probably less than a pound. Maybe a pound at most. I got that covered.
Cheater! It says only one rifle . If you can only have one rifle. That's a different ball game then as you can easily change caliber too.

Cheater! It says only one rifle . If you can only have one rifle. That's a different ball game then as you can easily change caliber too.
NO! WRONG! I can only change pins, springs, fire control group, ejector, extractor and rebuild the bolt gas rings and such. You know the little pissey pieces . I can't swap the bolt and barrel. I probably need a few titanium firing pins to throw in the pack. Light weight and small and not enough to notice.

NO! WRONG! I can only change pins, springs, fire control group, ejector, extractor and rebuild the bolt gas rings and such. You know the little pissey pieces . I can't swap the bolt and barrel. I probably need a few titanium firing pins to throw in the pack. Light weight and small and not enough to notice.
With an ak I would not need any of those parts :-) have yet to have any fail . Plus he said just the rifle . So knowing you don't get to carry extra parts would you still pick the AR ?

Why does all the sh*t have to go south? Why can't it go north? We're already branded racists, KKK, etc.... and the list is long. Why? Now I'm gonna have issues, will have to see my shrink again, at least twice a week now. Excuse me while I sit cross legged, middle finger touching thumb, eyes closed, and humming mellow, mellow..... But the Doc says, I'm doing MUCH better....

AR- I'm comfortable shooting it and ammo is lighter. Range is longer and more accurate. Ak are durable no doubt but I think the range/accuracy is a no go for me.

AR- I'm comfortable shooting it and ammo is lighter. Range is longer and more accurate. Ak are durable no doubt but I think the range/accuracy is a no go for me.
My sentiments exactly. Plus the fact that I know what parts I used is double comfort for me. Now I would be a little nervous relying on a Delton for my SHTF weapon. However, I put the best of everything in my guns. Daniel Defense Bolt carrier groups, high line lower parts kit. Raptor charging handles and all the high dollar stuff.
Which brings me to one question. You just said If we had our choice of one of the guns listed. You said nothing about ammo. So we might as well carry a stick.

Back
Top Bottom