• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

when sh*t goes south?

one long gun for a sub urban SHTF

• Total voters
Ar sbr has a suppressor, light recoil, popular platform, yet the ak sbr is rugged, easy to use, and packs a punch, toss up really, would feel fine with either one. Not really a shotgun person, never owned one. Shot plenty of skeet though

AR. Less weight per unit of ammo, so you can carry more, and availability of replacement parts and ammo will be high. Military and most police depts have ARs, plus however many million citizens. It's a good blend of accuracy for distances to 200 yds, and maneuverability for CQC. Better mounting options with hand guard and upper receiver for lights, scopes, etc. than AK. But I wouldn't be opposed to having an AK and a 12 ga for backup. Lol.

Uhhmm...he said suburban areas...some of yall may wanna look up what that means...LOL

I'll take an AK all day...F a lil .22

Aint gonna be no 200 yard shots...LOL

Thread fail: No tacos option & no one has posted Cyprus Hill's 'When the S*** Goes Down' video.
And I chose AR, because it's what I'm most comfortable with, although I do like a solid 12 gauge pump just not for this scenario, and I won't live long enough to worry about not being able to find 5.56/.223 ammo or reloading components.

Tony2X Tony2X thank you for paying attention to the LOCATION CLAUSE in the post haha yeah even 100 yards you can run....like I said in that specific scenario I think a 12 gauge is an excellent option

Back
Top Bottom