• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When you pay a gunsmith to ruin your AR10

JNelson04 JNelson04 here’s the Cerakote job. It was supposed to match the trim ring on the optic.

@Hiland Arms , I know it can be difficult at times to match a specific color with Cerakote, but what say you on this? I consider you to be the Subject Matter Expert!
A3C348B3-76DE-4E72-B3DA-0607F78F4A33.jpeg

JNelson04 JNelson04 here’s the Cerakote job. It was supposed to match the trim ring on the optic.

@Hiland Arms , I know it can be difficult at times to match a specific color with Cerakote, but what say you on this? I consider you to be the Subject Matter Expert!
View attachment 2838973

Yea that's an oof for sure. It's obvious the colors do not match. I plan on asking(paying) @Hiland Arms to do a cerakote for me sometime next year. His work speaks for itself.

Color is nowhere close. If he thinks so he is color blind to one spectrum, at least.
I would post all on FB, YELP, MYVAGHURTSBAD, OR Whatever other complaint site is popular today.

That looks like Ford blue....anything as screwed up as a ford has to be bad ! Lol.

@Hiland Arms

Just keeps getting better!

The Cerakote doesn’t match from part-to-part. Metal Gear Armory installed his scope before giving the rifle back to him. When he removed the scope, there are patches of Cerakote stuck to the scope tube. Other areas of Cerakote he was able to remove by rubbing with his thumb.

Metal Gear Armory broke a piece of his scope mount. Granted, it’s an Aero, but still......
471F4DC6-3BDE-4DAE-BB74-2176EEB604BE.jpeg

Yea that's an oof for sure. It's obvious the colors do not match. I plan on asking(paying) @Hiland Arms to do a cerakote for me sometime next year. His work speaks for itself.

Everything he has done for me has been flawless. Looked so good I went into Nitpicky Mode to find flaws. They didn’t exist.

Color is nowhere close. If he thinks so he is color blind to one spectrum, at least.
I would post all on FB, YELP, MYVAGHURTSBAD, OR Whatever other complaint site is popular today.

That looks like Ford blue....anything as screwed up as a ford has to be bad ! Lol.
He must have had some paint left over from a Ford Tractor repaint.

Back
Top Bottom