• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When your car has had enough of you ignoring the check engine light

Go on….
Don't want to highjack the OP's post. But the short version is a stolen car on 285 & 78. They exited 78 and went into an apartment complex and over a hill. The suspect car was stopped just on the other side in the middle of the road, and 4-5 suspects running all directions. To keep from running one over and hitting the car, I swerved left and tried to stop. Slid right into a tree. First experience with an airbag burn to the face, and doors were jammed shut. All suspects got away.

Don't want to highjack the OP's post. But the short version is a stolen car on 285 & 78. They exited 78 and went into an apartment complex and over a hill. The suspect car was stopped just on the other side in the middle of the road, and 4-5 suspects running all directions. To keep from running one over and hitting the car, I swerved left and tried to stop. Slid right into a tree. First experience with an airbag burn to the face, and doors were jammed shut. All suspects got away.
I did that on a pursuit too. A 70 y/o suspect had just beaten his wife and broken several of her ribs. I went into the house to arrest him and he tried to slam the door in my face with that old man strength. I chased him down a hallway, grabbed him by the shoulder, spun him around, and sprayed him with OC. Unbeknownst to me, we were under an a/c vent that blew the OC back into my face. Since I couldn’t see anything, I turned to go out the front door, and he ran out a back door and jumped into his pickup. I ran to my car and started chasing him (great to do when you have OC in your eyes.) He turned onto a single lane road I had never been on. After about 150 ft, the pavement ran out and it was very loose dirt. The dirt in the air was so bad I couldn’t see the truck. Suddenly, I see brake lights. I swerved to the left and hit a tree. Fortunately, no airbag deployment. My wife hadn’t been through mandate training yet and was my dispatcher. She was a little unsettled when I got on the radio and said I had just hit a tree. No injuries and the guy turned himself in an hour later.

Back
Top Bottom