• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are all the M16’s?

The next time we get a Republican (or libertarian) President and the GOP controls the legislative branch,
we ought to lobby for a bill that mandates that the 20" barreled M16 rifles be declared SUPRLUS and offered for sale, as-is, to any qualified buyer who is willing to do the NFA registration process and pay the NFA tax.

P.S. For those of you who are .223 machinegun owners whose guns would drop greatly in value if this were to happen, well, sorry, but it's for the greater good. I say flood the market with transferable M16's for a dozen years.

Post-PS: Naturally, this new law would be a partial repeal of the 1986 law that cut-off the transferability of post-May, 1986 full autos.
If you think the Hughes amendment can be "partially repealed" then why stop there?

The next time we get a Republican (or libertarian) President and the GOP controls the legislative branch,
we ought to lobby for a bill that mandates that the 20" barreled M16 rifles be declared SUPRLUS and offered for sale, as-is, to any qualified buyer who is willing to do the NFA registration process and pay the NFA tax.

P.S. For those of you who are .223 machinegun owners whose guns would drop greatly in value if this were to happen, well, sorry, but it's for the greater good. I say flood the market with transferable M16's for a dozen years.

Post-PS: Naturally, this new law would be a partial repeal of the 1986 law that cut-off the transferability of post-May, 1986 full autos.

You think republicans want to repeal gun laws? If they did, how could they run on them?

Ronald Reagan (Republican) was President in 1986 for the Firearm Owners Protection Act and the 1986 Hughes Amendment. Supported it.
Why would anyone think any politician would care or act on something like a repeal or change? Political Suicide and nothing to gain for them. Pipe Dream my friend.

Ronald Reagan (Republican) was President in 1986 for the Firearm Owners Protection Act and the 1986 Hughes Amendment. Supported it.
Why would anyone think any politician would care or act on something like a repeal or change? Political Suicide and nothing to gain for them. Pipe Dream my friend.

Gun laws are implemented by republicans, not democrats. Trump did more damage to gun ownership than Obama.

Back
Top Bottom