• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are my AR10 experts at!?

Dirty J

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
344   0
Reaction score
Does this gas tube look like it engages the gas key enough?

This is on a PSA 18" mid length 308 upper.

Ignore the pitting on the gas key... I've already contacted their customer service to get that replaced.

The engagement looks a bit short compared to my AR15's.. and I just don't know if there's a difference between platforms or not.

Gun was short stroking out of the gate... Seemed to get better after 60 rounds, but it still seems a bit inconsistent.

The first 60 rounds was cheapie Perfecta and Monarch ammo... the last hundred or so was Federal XM118. It ran better.. but I could feel a difference of recoil shot to shot.

Where's my experts at? :)

IMG_8852.JPG

Think I might've figured it out.. but wondering if anyone can confirm.

I think PSA "might" use the Armalite "midlength" spec has tube, which is 12.06".

The one in this rifle is 11.75", which is a normal AR15 tube length.

Found this photo online of how it "should" look.

IMG_8856.JPG

I'm late to respond. But it looks like they sent you the wrong gas tube. (you already figured that out) I guess we know why PSA is getting out of the ar10 game...

Just like they did with the 1911 and AK47 game...

They barely know how to build an AR15, much less anything else.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm late to respond. But it looks like they sent you the wrong gas tube. (you already figured that out) I guess we know why PSA is getting out of the ar10 game...

Just like they did with the 1911 and AK47 game...

They barely know how to build an AR15, much less anything else.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
They did replace my BCG... the new one looks perfect. And they got it back to me in one business day. So that part I cannot complain about.

Their call center rep swore up and down that a standard mid-length tube was correct... but i wasn't buying it. Maybe that was their solution for over-gassing... to have it unlock sooner. In PSA's defense... I never fired a round with the stock gas block. Maybe that was a mistake.

The only reason I paid it attention was the need to adjust my gas block to it's final adjustment positions... and on my regular AR-15's with the same block it took no more than 4-5 clicks to have the gun cycling properly.

I did order an Armalite spec (12.06") tube and got it installed over the weekend. Looks like it'll work out just fine. I have yet to fire it though... but I think it will be fine.. I'll just need to start back at "zero" with my adjustable gas block.

not an expert at AR10's but that's always one of the big issues with the AR10 platform is there isn't the type of standardization that you see with the AR15 (mil spec) series.

Most of the folks I know that have played with the 308's have just bought assembled uppers and put together lowers, and even then there ends up being a bit of "teething" issues to sort out sometimes...

not an expert at AR10's but that's always one of the big issues with the AR10 platform is there isn't the type of standardization that you see with the AR15 (mil spec) series.

Most of the folks I know that have played with the 308's have just bought assembled uppers and put together lowers, and even then there ends up being a bit of "teething" issues to sort out sometimes...
This was a "factory" assembled upper that I slapped on a factory built lower. I was vastly aware of the lack of part commonality.

That's debatable I suppose. Their assertion is that it's built as they intend.

The gun did shoot... albeit with the occasional short stroke and an adjustable block maxed out.
It may be how they intended. But the gas tube was obviously shorter than it is supposed to be. That's like saying "I did it wrong, but I did it wrong, on purpose".

The words I want to use right now to describe PSA, are not suitable for children...

Back
Top Bottom