• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are the USPs?

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Its so weird that there are currently more HK P series guns for sale on here than there are USP, USP Compacts and P30s.... combined. I need another gun like I need another hole in my head right now but I just find that interesting. Are these guns that hard to come by? Isnt HK still making them?

Yeah, ?

I've owned two- a USP Expert and a USP Tactical. Other than the lack of a good universal light mount, I like everything about them. They feel like they were made for my hand and that Expert had the very best pistol trigger I ever pulled.

I hate the USP. Strong, reliable pistol. Crap trigger. Built like a brick. Ergonomics are off for most folks. Doesn’t fit the hands of most folks. Overpriced for a plastic pistol. Tried to do what the SIG DA/SA’s do, but the execution wasn’t nearly as good.

Ken Hackathorn and LAV were both brought in to help design the handgun, specifically for the American shooter. HK flew them back and forth between the US and Germany to consult Hack states that they didn’t take a single one of their recommendations. That was the last time HK used them as consultants.

Will NEVER sell mine. Took it out last week and still my favorite .45!

HK USP 5-8-17 (1).jpg
HK USP 5-8-17 (2).jpg
HK USP 5-8-17 (3).jpg
HK USP 5-8-17 (6).jpg

I hate the USP. Strong, reliable pistol. Crap trigger. Built like a brick. Ergonomics are off for most folks. Doesn’t fit the hands of most folks. Overpriced for a plastic pistol. Tried to do what the SIG DA/SA’s do, but the execution wasn’t nearly as good.

Ken Hackathorn and LAV were both brought in to help design the handgun, specifically for the American shooter. HK flew them back and forth between the US and Germany to consult Hack states that they didn’t take a single one of their recommendations. That was the last time HK used them as consultants.

I knew it. You're a Sig guy and not an HK guy. I dont know. I have more Sigs than HKs but I still like them. Yeah the trigger isn't the best but I want to try the LEM. Plus I like the mag release. Have you tried the P30? Feels so good in the hand.

Now what I'm about to say might hurt a little but it must be said... Sig is a rattle box. Frame to slide fitment is looser than a $10 whore. There I said it! :peep:

Back
Top Bottom