• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are the USPs?

I knew it. You're a Sig guy and not an HK guy. I dont know. I have more Sigs than HKs but I still like them. Yeah the trigger isn't the best but I want to try the LEM. Plus I like the mag release. Have you tried the P30? Feels so good in the hand.

Now what I'm about to say might hurt a little but it must be said... Sig is a rattle box. Frame to slide fitment is looser than a $10 whore. There I said it! :peep:
I resemble that statement about being a Sig guy. The P229 is the best DA/SA I've ever used -- way better than HK imho. And the slide/frame fit on mine isn't loose at all, never has been on any of them.

I knew it. You're a Sig guy and not an HK guy. I dont know. I have more Sigs than HKs but I still like them. Yeah the trigger isn't the best but I want to try the LEM. Plus I like the mag release. Have you tried the P30? Feels so good in the hand.

Now what I'm about to say might hurt a little but it must be said... Sig is a rattle box. Frame to slide fitment is looser than a $10 whore. There I said it! :peep:

The HK USP debuted in 1993 and I hated it later that same year after shooting various ones numerous times. I didn’t start using SIG’s until 2002, so my hatred of the HK USP predates my liking of SIG by a good 9 years.

Loose doesn’t mean it ain’t accurate. My first P229 was rattly when she hit 40,000 rounds, but I still shot perfect scores with her. At 7 yards with my current P229, I can put a round straight through the hole of the previous round.

I’ve had a P30 with the Lem trigger. Regret getting rid of it. I’ve also had several USPs and they are built tough but triggers are not that great.

I hate the USP. Strong, reliable pistol. Crap trigger. Built like a brick. Ergonomics are off for most folks. Doesn’t fit the hands of most folks. Overpriced for a plastic pistol. Tried to do what the SIG DA/SA’s do, but the execution wasn’t nearly as good.

Ken Hackathorn and LAV were both brought in to help design the handgun, specifically for the American shooter. HK flew them back and forth between the US and Germany to consult Hack states that they didn’t take a single one of their recommendations. That was the last time HK used them as consultants.

Are you talking about the USP or the HK45? I had always heard about them consulting with HK on the hk45 in an effort to improve the ergonomics of the USP while keeping the accuracy and reliability. From the interview it seemed like they didn't like the spiderman grip hk went with initially but could see why the general user would. Their biggest gripe was with the trigger from the interviews I saw.

Source: http://pistol-training.com/articles/hk45-interview-with-ken-hackathorn-and-larry-vickers

Loves my HK's, standard USP and Expert, both in 9mm.

The Expert has a great trigger, and my USP has worn into a decent trigger.

I shoot both better than my 226's, but prefer the "feel" of the 226 in my hand.

Are you talking about the USP or the HK45? I had always heard about them consulting with HK on the hk45 in an effort to improve the ergonomics of the USP while keeping the accuracy and reliability. From the interview it seemed like they didn't like the spiderman grip hk went with initially but could see why the general user would. Their biggest gripe was with the trigger from the interviews I saw.

Source: http://pistol-training.com/articles/hk45-interview-with-ken-hackathorn-and-larry-vickers

I’ve talked to Hack about it in the past. I remember it being the USP.

I resemble that statement about being a Sig guy. The P229 is the best DA/SA I've ever used -- way better than HK imho. And the slide/frame fit on mine isn't loose at all, never has been on any of them.

I was referring to cmshoot cmshoot being a Sig guy. I know he likes the P229 and others.

I want a P229 next but both my P226 which is an older West German model and my next P225 are rather loose. But they shoot good

The HK USP debuted in 1993 and I hated it later that same year after shooting various ones numerous times. I didn’t start using SIG’s until 2002, so my hatred of the HK USP predates my liking of SIG by a good 9 years.

Loose doesn’t mean it ain’t accurate. My first P229 was rattly when she hit 40,000 rounds, but I still shot perfect scores with her. At 7 yards with my current P229, I can put a round straight through the hole of the previous round.

Did the have the LEM trigger back then? Do you think you'd like them with a better trigger?

USP's are great. The 9mm's are bigger than they need to be, and the ergonomics of a P30 are 300% better (just about the best of any pistol, at all, IMO), but the USP ergos just work for some people, me included.

I've never understood how someone can complain about the USP ergos/trigger, and then say a Glock is just fine as is. They're both very basic and utilitarian, neither are 'bad' at what they do.

Back
Top Bottom