• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where does Captain D’s get their flounder?

As a former Captain D's employee, I can say that in the early 1990's, all the fish that came into the building was Japnaese Hoki. Even the country style. The country style fish (do they call it catfish now?) was cooked in the absolute oldest grease before the grease was taken out to the dumpster. Yum.
Now we’re cookin! Getting warmer..........I know someone on this site works for Captain D’s currently.....just spill your guts...

Long johns always had outstanding hush puppies, the kind with onions in them.

D's hushpuppies did have onions in them... we used to mix about 5 pound bags of powder mix with a bag of diced onions and water to make up the day's batch. Could easily have changed in the last 20 years.

I don't eat there anymore.

Always liked the seafood gumbo in the fall- it arrived in frozen plastic bags... we couldn't **** that up too bad.

So it has the same chemicals that make McD's McNuggets appear to be "white meat" ?

Not chemicals. I think it's actually a species of Mullet from the Ocmulgee River South of Macon that's turned albino.

I thought they used cod for everything?
No. They haven't served cod in some time. Too expensive. They started using Pollock in about 2013 - 2014.

Back
Top Bottom