• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where Have Auto Battery Warranties Gone?

Thank all of you ODT'ers for your response. I think I'll go with the $100 3 year Walmarts for the cars and move the one's in them to the tractors and truck. Don't want the wife to get stranded in this hot weather.

Reactions: MRM
Moreland Battery Exchange

The last time I bought one they were $49 for rebuilt (90 day), $79 for brand new (3 year).

The rebuilt batteries have lasted me 2-3 years.

Ford has a sale on batteries posted on the internet for $99.95 with a 84 month warranty. Only problem is they don't stock any of those 99.95 batteries, i.e. group 24F. The ones they do stock are 129.95. Is this bait and switch. I t5old them I thought it was. Bought two of the Walmart batteries that were on sale for 93.95 yesterday , 3 year free replacement, prorated after that to 5 years.

Interstate Batteries! Best warranty, nationwide. Last a long time. I used to sell them and some other brands. We used to joke, the orther maker didn’t sell it to you, it rented it to you for about a year

Whatever battery you get
Take a photo of the receipt and email it to yourself so you can find it a few years from now

Then take the receipt and put it in a sandwich bag and tape it to the side of the battery

Even the places that have good warranties will not honor it if you do t have the receipt
NAPA will not honor a battery warranty if you don’t have the receipt
WalMart will only do it one time without the receipt , then your name is on a list and you probably won’t get another batterry warranty honored without a receipt

Whatever battery you get
Take a photo of the receipt and email it to yourself so you can find it a few years from now

Then take the receipt and put it in a sandwich bag and tape it to the side of the battery

Even the places that have good warranties will not honor it if you do t have the receipt
NAPA will not honor a battery warranty if you don’t have the receipt
WalMart will only do it one time without the receipt , then your name is on a list and you probably won’t get another batterry warranty honored without a receipt

Thanks, good heads up!!

Got a boat and a camper plus the vehicles. Seem like I buy a battery every year. Sometimes 2. Keep them on a charger . Letting a battery sit discharged and it won't last long
I feel your pain. 3 in the boat, two in the truck, 3 in cars and one marine battery on standby. I changed the 2 in the truck and all 3 in the boat last year...I was surprised that my starting battery in the boat was from 2007 and still worked fine. It will still hold a charge today!

Back
Top Bottom