• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where is the list of words we can't say on this forum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda R one... but not on here.:usa:
BibleThumper.jpg

We all have different standards as to what we personally find acceptable, but we should all be held to the same standard as laid out by the rules.

That seems really easy at first, but then you have to write those standards and you start to realize it's not always that cut and dry. For example, take this post, is it offensive? I mean, it says bible thumper so it's offensive right? But it's a bunny, so does that make it ok? (I'm really asking, this is the stuff the mods have to ask themselves all the time.)

I kinda R one... but not on here.:usa:
View attachment 1102495

That seems really easy at first, but then you have to write those standards and you start to realize it's not always that cut and dry. For example, take this post, is it offensive? I mean, it says bible thumper so it's offensive right? But it's a bunny, so does that make it ok? (I'm really asking, this is the stuff the mods have to ask themselves all the time.)

Bunnies are offensive as hell! Most of us get it, but when you have 100 guys all having alpha male syndrom, in a discussion, someone is going to get butthurt. It's hard for the mods because they dont know individual traits and it's hard for members because they know their own intent. It's a fine line. Could it be done better? Of course. Could it be worse? Of course. I think the number of us that continue to be a major part of this site speaks for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom