• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

where my turkey hunters at?

Lucius Clay

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
I know its deer season, but I live for turkey season. Any one on here ever shoot Browning 3" BDX extra distance shells. Pick some up off the web the other day and was just curious if anyone shoots these? I have always shot Remington Nitro # 5, killed a lot of birds over the years, but with the ammo shortage, I am buying what I find, guess I will just have to pattern and see.

I shoot federal no5 shot 3.5” out of my benelli nova with a jelly head choke and get good patterns.

I have a pointer I shoot an Indian creek choke with the Winchester (I can’t remember the name, XR maybe?) with the sac for the bb’s and get almost too good of patterns.

took a turkey at 63 yards in south ga with my benelli a few years back.

I shoot federal no5 shot 3.5” out of my benelli nova with a jelly head choke and get good patterns.

I have a pointer I shoot an Indian creek choke with the Winchester (I can’t remember the name, XR maybe?) with the sac for the bb’s and get almost too good of patterns.

took a turkey at 63 yards in south ga with my benelli a few years back.
Yeah I think your talking about Winchester longbeard xr shells. I’ve had my best patterns with the number 5 longbeards and number 5 hevi-13s. I shot one this year at about 60 yards

Back
Top Bottom