• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where to find private investors in GA?

just saw on news today, some judge, somewhere, approved a lawsuit against Smith and Wesson for one of their guns killing someone....the victim's family can sue Smith for damages.

Cause the actual shooter ain't got 2 nickels to rub together.....go for the deep pockets.
Yep, and sue manufacturers out of existence (well until only the company you are invested in is left, I'm looking at you Freedom Group)

just saw on news today, some judge, somewhere, approved a lawsuit against Smith and Wesson for one of their guns killing someone....the victim's family can sue Smith for damages.

Cause the actual shooter ain't got 2 nickels to rub together.....go for the deep pockets.

Won't go far. The intent of PLCAA of 2006 is clear.

More than one company has had to close down because they couldn't afford to fight a lawsuit
When I did contracting I saw first hand how large rental companies would screw over smaller rental companies and even their own customers. Home owners trying to sue due to breach of contract but the rental agencies legal team would keep it tied up for months if not years. People going after guns have a hell of a lot more money.

I have a friend that got into manufacturing, not firearm related. He went to MANY cooperation's and investors. Basically they all told him to get lost. He had 1/4 of the money in cash and they said that it wasn't enough. He ended up in china which he hated and still hates and wants to move it but it's to costly now. He does 7 figures a month and if he could produce faster it would be more. Now investors fight over him. It's hard to start a business but it can pay off.

In a start up myself (and a 30yr history of doing such), always a struggle with cash raise, If you read T Boone Pickens, you'll see that the job of raising money never ends. This is true. Most funding rolls into usually 3 rounds, seed for start up family and friends to get going, then a real raise to sell off equity usually the valuation must be 10mil, if over that you almost cannot raise money unless you are cash flowing. The next level is scaling (big money) as you have achieved success.
If you have unique ideas make sure you file patents. Not for protection so much as the legal system rewards the biggest bank account almost always but to show investors that they are getting a unique property, the more the merrier....although costly.
Do everything you can on your own but legal, get a good working relationship with a lawyer that knows your business. You will be given many contracts with NDA's attached, important as many groups/people will steal what you have, I'd say 80% of the NDAs I see are structured as such.
Equity in your co (and do a full C Corp) is your most precious commodity, guard it like water in the desert. Pay people from cash flow - not equity.
Lastly, get something off the ground immediately, if you have a way to sell anything, do it. This will start your reputation and establish a customer base. Even if something very basic. There are a zillion fantastic ideas out there worth 0, get a customer base and grow it with reoccurring revenue no matter what, then financing will find you.

Good Luck and yes it is worth it, over night success is usually 10yrs in the making.

In a start up myself (and a 30yr history of doing such), always a struggle with cash raise, If you read T Boone Pickens, you'll see that the job of raising money never ends. This is true. Most funding rolls into usually 3 rounds, seed for start up family and friends to get going, then a real raise to sell off equity usually the valuation must be 10mil, if over that you almost cannot raise money unless you are cash flowing. The next level is scaling (big money) as you have achieved success.
If you have unique ideas make sure you file patents. Not for protection so much as the legal system rewards the biggest bank account almost always but to show investors that they are getting a unique property, the more the merrier....although costly.
Do everything you can on your own but legal, get a good working relationship with a lawyer that knows your business. You will be given many contracts with NDA's attached, important as many groups/people will steal what you have, I'd say 80% of the NDAs I see are structured as such.
Equity in your co (and do a full C Corp) is your most precious commodity, guard it like water in the desert. Pay people from cash flow - not equity.
Lastly, get something off the ground immediately, if you have a way to sell anything, do it. This will start your reputation and establish a customer base. Even if something very basic. There are a zillion fantastic ideas out there worth 0, get a customer base and grow it with reoccurring revenue no matter what, then financing will find you.

Good Luck and yes it is worth it, over night success is usually 10yrs in the making.

Cash flow is definitely the most important part. And can be one of the hardest parts. I do a lot of jobs at low profit for the shear cash flow of them. I do a few or so money makers a year then the rest are to pay the bills. I can survive on the lower jobs but there is no growth in them as well as running skinny margins is scary. But it is a necessary evil of business. At least where I am at currently. You have to be willing to sell cheap at times to keep everything moving but not at a loss. If you get to cheap it turns into a death of a thousand cuts. Then you start thinking the next one will turn me around... Sometimes you have to know when to cut your losses and move on. It's not easy for sure.

Back
Top Bottom