• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where to find serious business investors?

If you know this already, I don't mean to sound condescending or anything, just lending my 2 cents.

I've worked high end Contract security and brought in contracts for companies for around 10 years. Every contract I've been on, the Security company bids/ wins a contract, secures the funding first and then buys the required gear. One client may authorize weapons and handcuffs, while another doesn't. So it'll vary. No need to buy a bunch of standardized gear before knowing what each contract will require. And depending on the contract price, you may realize that $200 piece of gear is feasible instead of the $50 version you were going to buy.

From what I've learned, security contracts is all about showing how much more capable you are than someone else's company. Image and marketing. Once companies see what you're capable of, they'll come to you. Do you have a Business Press Kit, professional website, photos, business cards, etc?

Also, smaller businesses want to pay weekly. Big businesses pay quarterly or yearly; and THAT'S who you want. So areas like Sandy Springs, Brookhaven, and Chamblee are prime. Celebrity homes/ neighborhoods are also great to target. I work a rotation at a celebrity's home once or twice a week when I can and make $600/ day.

Lastly, do some homework on the competition and draft up contract bids. I've seen completely unknown companies takeover a contract from another company and instantly start raking in the $$. It's all about providing the same service for less, providing better service for the same price, or showing them why they should pay more for your service.
I’ll shoot you a pm and we can talk.

My advice for Investors is require 'Proof of Funds' before even discussing business further. Just like in Real Estate. If they aren't able to provide that, then save your time.
Yeah; I agree with that. I dealt with this same **** **** when I was starting my own business. Lots of talkers and fake ballers. Ended up just mortgaging my house again to launch my own business.

Devils advocate... From the investor side, though, this is not a standard business venture I've weighed PMing you to put you in touch with a friend who is looking at nonstandard investments (still might) but if you want a serious investor who will prove their bona fides on a startup in a niece field, then that is a very limited pool!

True but I doubt work will be a struggle to find with the general state of things around the world. The whole reason I’m not investing so heavily into stateside security is because who knows what things will look like here in a year. You know what won’t change in a year, or hell even 10 for that matter? Africa, the Middle East, South America, etc.
Mr. Shags:

I am available to discuss your idea of international security. I am located between Canton and Cumming. I would suggest that Mr. Whiskerz attend also. I have international experience in the regions that you have mentioned. I have a few questions for you:

1. Do you have security experience and if so, what type of experience?
2. What is target market: Private high net worth individuals, commercial, government, hostage rescue/insurance, or other?
3. What type of contacts do you have in the regions that you are interested in?
4. Have you registered and operated a company in your nominated regions?
5. Do you have experience collecting unpaid money from clients in those regions?

If you are interested in meeting, please PM me at your convenience.

Regards,
Mike McKinzie

Devils advocate... From the investor side, though, this is not a standard business venture I've weighed PMing you to put you in touch with a friend who is looking at nonstandard investments (still might) but if you want a serious investor who will prove their bona fides on a startup in a niece field, then that is a very limited pool!
It’s definitely a niche field of business. I‘ve dealt with a lot of people who either don’t understand what the business actually is or they don’t see the potential of not only the business but the field as a whole.

Mr. Shags:

I am available to discuss your idea of international security. I am located between Canton and Cumming. I would suggest that Mr. Whiskerz attend also. I have international experience in the regions that you have mentioned. I have a few questions for you:

1. Do you have security experience and if so, what type of experience?
2. What is target market: Private high net worth individuals, commercial, government, hostage rescue/insurance, or other?
3. What type of contacts do you have in the regions that you are interested in?
4. Have you registered and operated a company in your nominated regions?
5. Do you have experience collecting unpaid money from clients in those regions?

If you are interested in meeting, please PM me at your convenience.

Regards,
Mike McKinzie
I‘ll shoot you a PM this evening and we‘ll talk. I’m always interested in speaking and learning from anyone with experience.

I've always had to bank roll all my own risks...after proving the process...people will come to you...and then they won't stop...emails..phone calls...text messages...like 40 a day bs...be careful what you wish for..and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom