• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where to fish on Allatoona?

potaters84

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
I dont have a boat. I went to the "Red Top Mountain Fishing Jetty" (https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1457139,-84.7239391,420m/data=!3m1!1e3) and at the small parking area is is posted "FISHING ONLY AFTER SUNSET". What gives? Why? What difference does it make to the public? Makes about as much sense as "fishing only allowed while standing on 1 leg wearing a tutu".

Where on Lake Allatoona can I go fishing without paying for parking and be allowed to fish during the daytime? I went to the Macedonia Cemetery area on the WMA but fishing from the shore wasn't getting anything. I'd like to go out on a pier.

I know where that jetty is. Maybe the sign means "no swimming or wading" after sunset,but you can fish any time. There is a pier on Red Top Mt state park. You can bank fish Lake Acworth,which is the south end of Allatoona. There is a long riprap wall next to Allatoona Landing with a parking area.

There's a jetty that you can get to off Old 41, next to PawPaw's store that comes out next to the Old 41 bridge over the lake. I've never fished that jetty but have fished under the Old 41 bridge dozens of times and know what runs through that river channel. Go buy you some live shad from Striper Soup and toss you a line out with a balloon, swivel and a 10ft leader and small circle hook and see what you get into.

If I saw that sign I'd fish there during the day, taking the sign to mean it's dual use/do whatever during the day but fishing only after dark.

Back
Top Bottom