• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where To Practice???

Tim noTebow

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
16   0
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just bought my first bow a couple of weeks ago and I’m looking for a place I can get some shots in at. I live in an apartment complex in Fayette County but the closest range I know of is about 45+ mins away. Anybody know of any place close to Fayette (indoor or outdoor) that I can sling some arrows?

I'd scout around for undeveloped commercial land behind shopping centers and woods that you know are soon going to be bulldozed and turned into condos and shopping centers.
It would not be difficult to clear a 50-yard shooting lane in the woods, and you could bring your own foam target block each time you want to fling arrows. Just have a backstop, like a steep hill or cliff a dozen feet high, and put your target block right in front of it, almost touching it.

Panola Mountain has a nice archery area with a good amount of lanes and a 3D trail through the park. They have a $10 entry fee to get into it but it's pretty fun to kill some time in there. I guess it's a little far from you unless you're in the northeast section but it offers a bit more then just the usual lane targets.

Back
Top Bottom