• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where to shoot outdoors

disloged

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
Ok, so i may be noobish. But i've done some looking around and havnt seen what im looking for. During the summer i'd like to go with some friends and shoot out in the woods or something. But I live in the Acworth (cobb) area, so we would deff have to drive north a little bit. But the only thing is, idk where. do you guys know of any random pieces of land that its ok to shoot in? Safely, of course.

thanks

As long as you are 150 feet, or is it yards? im pretty sure its feet, and your own land 500 from a road, and 1000 feet from any school, you can shoot, thats here in Coweta call your local police department NOT 911, call the desk and ask.

As long as you are 150 feet, or is it yards? im pretty sure its feet, and your own land 500 from a road, and 1000 feet from any school, you can shoot, thats here in Coweta call your local police department NOT 911, call the desk and ask.

Here's the actual statute from coweta county. To the OP you can look up your counties regs @ municode.com

Sec. 42-1. Discharge of firearms.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge any firearm within 100 yards of an occupied dwelling without the consent of the owner.
(b) It shall also be unlawful for any person to discharge any firearm within 50 yards of a property line without the permission of the owner.
(c) It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm, crossbow or bow and arrow across a property line without permission of the owner.
(d) This section does not apply to the use of firearms in the defense of home or family.
(Ord. of 11-7-95; Ord. of 12-5-95; Ord. of 12-17-96)

Back
Top Bottom