• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where to try on different sunglasses for prescription lenses?

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
As part of my VA eye exam, I was told that I have early signs of cataracts. I asked what steps to take to mitigate the progression of cataracts. Part of the answer was sunglasses. I have my own airplane and need to get sunglasses cut for my prescription

Where can I go to try on different sunglasses and frames for prescription lenses?

Take a look at some of the independent on-line vendors like Zenni.com, who are not owned by Luxottica, where you can buy prescription sunglasses for a fraction of the cost of a pair from the local vision center.

Luxottica has a monopoly on the frames, labs, and vision centers and consequently the prices are much higher than if there were fair competition.

Another vote for Zenni. Bought the last 4 pairs of progressive lense glasses which come with matching clip on dark lenses. They also make prescription sunglasses. Very reasonable

As part of my VA eye exam, I was told that I have early signs of cataracts. I asked what steps to take to mitigate the progression of cataracts. Part of the answer was sunglasses. I have my own airplane and need to get sunglasses cut for my prescription

Where can I go to try on different sunglasses and frames for prescription lenses?
Took my revo’s into Walmart with my prescription & only cost me $60 & have bad astigmatism in one eye.

Take a look at some of the independent on-line vendors like Zenni.com, who are not owned by Luxottica, where you can buy prescription sunglasses for a fraction of the cost of a pair from the local vision center.

Luxottica has a monopoly on the frames, labs, and vision centers and consequently the prices are much higher than if there were fair competition.

There are lots of places online where they sell stuff at a good price. I was trying to locate someplace where I could try on multiple frames/options to narrow down what I want to buy before shopping for price.

Any suggestions?

Another vote for Zenni. Bought the last 4 pairs of progressive lense glasses which come with matching clip on dark lenses. They also make prescription sunglasses. Very reasonable
I've been getting my glasses from Zenni for years. Both regular and sunglasses. You'll pay less for two pairs than you will just for one frame at most stores.

You can upload your picture and "try on" frames to see how they look.

I just paid $253 total for one regular pair and one pair of sunglasses. I have progressive, high index, polarized lenses in both pairs.

Back
Top Bottom