• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which 1911 is a better buy Colt or Kimber?

I have carried and used 1911's since I was a 17 year old U. S. Marine and off and on thru a 32 year LE career.
25-30 years ago I would have said colt.....but since the U. S. Marine Corps tested and gave it's contracts to Kimber...I'll go with the Corps (Kimber) because they only accept the best and they beat the hell out them in testing and only accept them because they can "take a licking and keep on ticking" Semper FI.

i would go with a colt since Kimber only has a 1 year warranty on there guns. had a bad dealing with them over this and i will NEVER own another.

I have also been looking at the Springfield Champion but can only find GI models so for to hold and look at. Would like to see a loaded in person to compare with. I have also seen the PT1911 just do not want a 5" barrel.

Thanks for all the input.

Seems this thread has morphed into what is the best and most inexpensive 1911 to purchase. If this is the case, buy a RIA. Great platform to build upon. It is going to be much less than most of the other weapons mentioned. But if it is still Kimber versus Colt, I still vote Kimber.

I have found a Springer full size (I know its not the same) loaded parkerized with night sights for $699 I think this what I am going to go with.

Back
Top Bottom