• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which 1911?

Springfield is kinda hit or miss but can be good.

I kid you not, you are the first person I have ever heard say that about Springfield. I am no fan of the company but their 1911s are some of the best on the market and their customer service is about the best in the industry. I have never seen anyone say SAI was hit or miss.

I kid you not, you are the first person I have ever heard say that about Springfield. I am no fan of the company but their 1911s are some of the best on the market and their customer service is about the best in the industry. I have never seen anyone say SAI was hit or miss.

Yea, I had one that was jam prone. Probably just an outlier. Plus I never buy new and that was probably just me buying someone else's problems. No telling what had been done to it.

I've had 2 others that ran like tops

For a budget gun you can't do much better than a Taurus if you want to spend a little more go Sig or a loaded springer better trigger than the sig but tend to jam on FMJ's cycle fine on HP though at least the ones I have had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd be better off hearing stories about which one's to avoid rather than which one to buy. Most everyone likes what they have and will try to sell you on why they think it's best. I love my two Ruger SR1911's but only because they have been flawless runners for a relatively low price...that in no way implies they are better than someone else's or that I wasn't just lucky with the one's I have.

roy d...1911 fan but have my Glocks too

Really depends on your budget... that being said, a Rock Island Tactical would be a great entry level choice. If you decide that you don't like the platform, then you are out less money and it'll be easy to sell the gun. If you like the platform, it will be easy to sell and upgrade to a gun that has the features that you like and are looking for. Lots of bang for buck.
For something higher end, I really like the Dan Wesson Valor and PM7. Really fine pistol at a solid price point.

Back
Top Bottom