• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which caliber would you pick

^^ Ths ^^^

Inside a few hundred yards the 17 is a great varmint round, and even though it's not cheap, it's a lot cheaper than those other calibers you were looking at. Plus it shoots flat as a laser beam and has no kick it all. There's also a lot of very economical guns that can shoot it, and you can even find pistols chambered in it.
Not a deer round

Yep prolly hard to beat 243 for a first bolt action.

Savage accutriggers models are good value price points to compare against

of the 3, I would go 6.5 Creedmoor, More ammo choices are coming out daily and the ELD can knock down just about anything in the lower 48. Had a customer take his to Africa and killed 5 animals from Kudu to large Warthogs and zebra.

Small to medium size game....22.250 is my favorite.....but if you adding deer in there is guess 243 is what you need....but for deer and bigger you can't beat a 308

I bought a Ruger American Predator 243 and for the 300 and some odd dollars I paid, it cant be beat. Mine doesnt like 100gr Hornady white tail ammo though.

Just do yourself a favor and stay away from those freaking plastic stocks and get a classic wooden stock. Leave the re-constituted tonka toys to the rim-fire crowd. It's a brilliant marketing strategy. Put a plastic stock on it and raise the price 300 dollars. If you go 243 get a Remy 700 BDL and have it worked for maximum accuracy. Slap and good Nikon or Vortex scope on it and go to town. And look damn good doing it.

Back
Top Bottom