• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which concealed carry piece in bear country?

WildBillHimself

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Shootist
147   0
Reaction score
Anybody with experience hunting bear with a handgun? What would you carry concealed while hiking in north GA black bear country with your family? I need to conceal it under summer clothes because we hike in areas where we see gun-phobic yuppies.

Anybody with experience hunting bear with a handgun? What would you carry concealed while hiking in north GA black bear country with your family? I need to conceal it under summer clothes because we hike in areas where we see gun-phobic yuppies.

I would not even consider bear in the equation. Thee only dangerous animal in these parts that you have any real likelihood of encountering are the two legged kind.

With all due respect, if you are worried about Bears, and concerned about people seeing you carry there is another way.. Carry a radio on your side and play it loud enough for others to hear.. Bears are not what many make them out to be, If they here noise they leave the area.

45 lc 410

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 70
Again - all you need in the Eastern US is something that will stop a human attack. You have a higher likelihood of being attacked by a shark wearing a clown suit than a black bear.

Back
Top Bottom