• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which cross bow to buy?

cbrady

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
My sister is currently searching for a cross bow to buy her husband for his Birthday. She was wanting to spend around $500, maybe a little bit more if it is at Cabelas (because of unused gift cards). Does anyone have any advice on this subject, I doubt he will be hunting with it, but he might. Probably just screwing with it in the yard.

My son and I both use Hortons. Lower price but good quality. Kinda like Ruger guns. On the other hand,my brother has a good deal on an Excaliber if you live around Rincon. He bought it new and never hunted with it.

i'm going to go into a little more detail with my comment, the other guys can chime in if they want to. i've had several. for me, the higher priced, high dollar ones are great for hunting. they aren't the best for backyard shooting. my 10 point passed straight through most of the targets i had. very difficult to target shoot and site in if you can't tell where the arrows hit. so.... i bought a better target - the blob. it stopped everything. however, removing the arrows from the block is probably what caused my hernia surgery. i still hunt with my 10 point, but i shoot in the backyard with a cheap, barnett recurve. shoots very consistent at 30 yards, fun to partice with, and it is much less physically demanding. great for varmint control as well. i might try the SA recurve next.

Back
Top Bottom