• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which crypto would you rather invest in?

Which is a better investment to HODL (hold for a year or longer)?

• BTC

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • ETH

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • LTC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ADA

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • DOT

• MATIC

• SOL

• BNB

• Other Alt Coin

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • TACOCOIN (is there such a thing?)

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Personally, I choose Ripple. The Ripple (XRP) cryptocurrency is consistently on the 3rd place of the CoinMarketCap rating in terms of market capitalization. The network is very promising and many experts believe that Ripple is ready to fly to the moon. A distinctive feature of Ripple is the cosmic speed of transaction processing, for which its blockchain is called the "king of banking infrastructure". I trade it on https://fbs.com/. And which platform do you prefer?

The question I have is what determines the value of any of these made up cryptos? They dont have earnings, profits, assets, dividends or anything that makes them a real investment. On a traditional investment their value is determined by earnings, ( or hopes for potential earnings), revenue etc. But with Crypto its a popularity contest right? Why is any of them worth anything? They aren't money, they dont generate value in the traditional sense. Yes I am old, but I do have a pretty good understanding of money and banking and the market. Tell me why any of these have real value?

Most cryptos are for many people a speculative opportunity and not an investment in the true sense. Some of them have value at the moment beause they're seen as an opportunity to anonymize a chunk of your assets (most of them aren't, especially if you're a US Investor).

The proposition is that they have comparable legitimacy to fiat currencies (which I'm sympathetic to) but as noted above, even the 'big name' crypto currencies are open to manipulation by whales, legisilative action by the government, exchange failure etc., which ensures that every dollar of crypto you hold is subject to a bunch of risks that are pretty much unique to the crypto sector.

I hold some crypto, but I DCA'ed into it and now have an "investment" level that I'm comfortable with (i.e. if I lose the lot, I'm not going to lose sleep too)

The question I have is what determines the value of any of these made up cryptos? They dont have earnings, profits, assets, dividends or anything that makes them a real investment. On a traditional investment their value is determined by earnings, ( or hopes for potential earnings), revenue etc. But with Crypto its a popularity contest right? Why is any of them worth anything? They aren't money, they dont generate value in the traditional sense. Yes I am old, but I do have a pretty good understanding of money and banking and the market. Tell me why any of these have real value?

I am invested in a crypto on the Polygon network that is creating it's own eco-system, which is creating it's own revenue and they are using the revenue/profits to buy/burn their own tokens, as a deflationary measure. It is called Sphere Finance and it could be worth a look at.

I have a pile, affectionally referred to as "crab coin".
crabitalism-gold-324x324.png

Back
Top Bottom