• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which gives less bang for the buck?

$200 in credit to their webstore on all Silencerco purchases right now.

As was mentioned earlier, most 22 cans sound very similar. What makes them stand out is size and ease of cleaning. I'm a big fan of the Dead Air Mask and Silencerco Sparrow mainly because they are very easy to take apart and very short. We have them all in stock.

I looked at the website for the Dobbs ARC22 AL, it doesn't say if it can be taken apart to clean. Does it breakdown and if not how do you clean it since its Aluminum and not Stainless steel?

If I'm not mistaken you can take it apart to clean if you so desire.

But you will need one of these from Harbor Freight to get it apart.

www.harborfreight.com_media_catalog_product_cache_1_image_9df7e885738a0609c1343595f57f1363528a.jpg

Yes Dobbs arc22 comes apart very easily. I clean mine every 300 to 400 rds. I soak the baffles in Hoppes for a little while and then use a Dremel on low speed with a polishing wheel. The suppresor is a good one and his business is only a few miles from my home. Sounds great on any of my 22 pistols or rifles.

If I'm not mistaken you can take it apart to clean if you so desire.

But you will need one of these from Harbor Freight to get it apart.

www.harborfreight.com_media_catalog_product_cache_1_image_9df7e885738a0609c1343595f57f1363528a.jpg
That doesn't appear to be a problem, but Id like to be able to break it down. The .45 can I have doesn't break down and I don't really know when its clean or how it looks inside anymore. Thanks

Definitely want a spanner wrench like Hayata mentioned. There isn't a tool made from Dobbs, but a spanner works fine if it gets all gunked up. Also of note, only the front cap comes off. It's an all aluminum can, so be careful with the threads if you happen to need to push the baffles out and just in general as the back end is not easily replaceable if you cross thread it.

The gen 1 sig .22 can is cheap since gen 2 came out. Got it for like 300.00 flat seen some for 250.00 titanium outter shell, stainless steel baffles strong enoUgh for the dip. Full auto rated, 22lr,22WMR,17 HMR only downfall is it's fat as a b****. Outter diameter is like 1.5?? Big enough to NOT fit in a tacsol SBX bbl shroud. However looks a little less puss on some weapons. Silencer shop gave it 113 Db rating I think? I shot it beside hella other cans and couldn't tell any difference. On my 10/22 it's DEAD quiet with Gemtech rounds. Sounds good on my M&P compact too. Price is right and shops are trying to move em cheap for the gen 2 model (450.00) FWIW I like mine!

Attachments

• IMG_4569.JPG
    IMG_4569.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4578.JPG
    IMG_4578.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4487.JPG
    IMG_4487.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom