• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which mini grass-eating animal should I get?

I want one that yells at people
1F2CD98B-6E45-41EF-B509-ED1DD4CF8200-8676-000006F34BD60781.jpeg

Goats will eat grass but are, much like deer, chiefly browsers not grazers. They prefer honeysuckle, limb tips and such. Sheep eat grass but unfortunately eat just about anything else you don't want eaten as well. I guess the mini cows would be grazers just like the full size ones, but get ready to lay out a wad to buy one, then you have to feed it through the winter. Vet bills. An internal combustion engine with an attached blade is about the best answer unless you want to put up with the drawbacks.

I guess the mini cows would be grazers just like the full size ones, but get ready to lay out a wad to buy one, then you have to feed it through the winter. Vet bills.

We paid $125 for Norman the wonder bull. DO NOT GET A BULL. But he had to be bottle fed for about 4-5 months. Paid $800 for Olive, she was about 8-9 months old. The miniature cows eat 1/4 and need 1/4 the land that a full size cow does. They can be tame and very human friendly, but at still livestock and don't try to make them a pet for children. Many are gentle with kids, but we are still talking about a 500+ pound animal.

At the Buford dam, below lake Lanier, we have a group of Army Corps of Engineer members called the "Chew Crew" that keep the slopes behind the dam landscaped. Its a group of billy goats that keep the slopes cut (and a donkey that keeps the coyotes at bay) since the slope is way to steep for any mowers to do it... They look right at home on the cliffs, and its kinda cool to see them in action as you drive over the dam.

Back
Top Bottom