• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which mini grass-eating animal should I get?

I've never tried it but hear that curried goat can be delicious.
Vacationed in Jamaica once. Wife like to have starved. Even the curry can't overcome that gamey taste. I was fine, a few Red Stripes to numb the tastebuds, and bon appetit. Being an Atlanta native she wouldn't drink any of the soft drinks (no Coke available), so foolishly drank some tap water. Guess how that worked out.

Down in the Caribbean manyView attachment 1153266 people keep bottomless cages of rabbits and Guinea pigs in their yards for eating, moving them around for fresh grass.

When I was about the 3rd grade, we had a rabbit and my father built a Taj Mahal of bottomless cages for a big buck rabbit we acquired. He was an eating machine. His favorite was the common plantain weed. I don't remember how he performed overall as a lawn mower, but it sure as easier and cheaper than buying rabbit food.

They need roughage, so we would throw him a hand full of hay everyday, and he'd munch that on down.

Seriously, in a survival situation, they would be a serious option.

BTW anyone who thinks a rabbit won't bite the piss out of you is very mistaken. Ol' Buck had no problem taking a divot out of your arm when he was ready to go.

Vacationed in Jamaica once. Wife like to have starved. Even the curry can't overcome that gamey taste. I was fine, a few Red Stripes to numb the tastebuds, and bon appetit. Being an Atlanta native she wouldn't drink any of the soft drinks (no Coke available), so foolishly drank some tap water. Guess how that worked out.

One sip of water in Mexico and I could poop through a screen door and not leave a stain. Bottled some up, brought it back and sold it as a detox/cleansing solution.:eek2:

When I was about the 3rd grade, we had a rabbit and my father built a Taj Mahal of bottomless cages for a big buck rabbit we acquired. He was an eating machine. His favorite was the common plantain weed. I don't remember how he performed overall as a lawn mower, but it sure as easier and cheaper than buying rabbit food.

They need roughage, so we would throw him a hand full of hay everyday, and he'd munch that on down.

Seriously, in a survival situation, they would be a serious option.

BTW anyone who thinks a rabbit won't bite the piss out of you is very mistaken. Ol' Buck had no problem taking a divot out of your arm when he was ready to go.

i've had rabbits mess up more folks than any other pet i know of. not only will they bite the **** outta you but even if you have them scruffed they can kick that back leg behind them far enough to get you. had one give me a huge gash down my left arm when i had him scruffed, them back legs are no joke

Goats will eat grass but are, much like deer, chiefly browsers not grazers. They prefer honeysuckle, limb tips and such. Sheep eat grass but unfortunately eat just about anything else you don't want eaten as well. I guess the mini cows would be grazers just like the full size ones, but get ready to lay out a wad to buy one, then you have to feed it through the winter. Vet bills. An internal combustion engine with an attached blade is about the best answer unless you want to put up with the drawbacks.

Horses and cows are grazers..

Goats are leaf eaters..

My daughter taught me this...

Yeah, male goats are disgusting. They piss on their own faces and rub them all over everything, including you.

No offense intended (which means I'm about to intentionally offend you :))

I don't know what DVD's you let your goats view...
but... I'm pretty sure that is just YOUR male goats...
roflol

Trying to decide on a GRASS-EATING dwarf animal that won't hurt small children.

I don't want a goat because they damage trees.

Horses kick and bite.

Sheep make noise and eat the roots of the grass.

Any other ideas?

Get an Oprah. Not so 'mini,' but I hear they taste like fried chicken-no matter how they are cooked.

Back
Top Bottom