• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which New Lawn Tractor To Purchase

Which New Lawn Tractor To Purchase

• Total voters
It has to do with what @Bennyboy wrote. Any mower will last decades if they're maintained and kept out of the weather. Snapper owners maintained their equipment. Snapper was a big investment back in the day.

Is Snapper still around? I know growing up everyone around us had a rear engine Snapper. Couldn’t kill those things.
I know that my local Wal-Mart now has Snapper branded zero-turns sitting out front for sale, under the 2k price if I remember correctly, but I know nothing about them.

90% are built buy MTD

A lawn tractor is a lawn tractor, esp in that price range. Really, don't think too much into it. Really, look at them, where do they differ much except in cosmetics? Just get one, take care of it, and you should get 10 yrs out of it. I have a Deere, my dad has a cub, my neighbor has a toro. They are all the same.

Here's the unpleasant truth.....
Everything under 5k is crap, most of it is all built by the same company just different colors and body work....

3 out of the 4 that are listed in the poll above are built by the same company.....the fourth isn't any better despite the green paint...
This is one reason why I posted. I am always open to learning. Thanks.

A lawn tractor is a lawn tractor, esp in that price range. Really, don't think too much into it. Really, look at them, where do they differ much except in cosmetics? Just get one, take care of it, and you should get 10 yrs out of it. I have a Deere, my dad has a cub, my neighbor has a toro. They are all the same.
I am beginning to feel this vibe from all the comments. Great learning experience for me. Thanks.

Snapper in McDonough closed down. The company “Snapper” was sold to Briggs and Stratton years ago,and has not been the same since. My father in law worked there until the day the doors were shut.

I have heard that Exmark is one of the preferred commercial brands. The landscaper who mows several yards on my street uses this equipment in the zero turn capacity. Thanks.

I have an Exmark Lazer Z 42" 19 hp Kohler... use it on my "not so friendly" 5 acres.... Hilly. Two of my neighbors have the John Deere tractors... I can finish my 5 acres is about the same time it takes them to mow 2. An absolute workhorse of a machine...

Back
Top Bottom