• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which New Lawn Tractor To Purchase

Which New Lawn Tractor To Purchase

• Total voters
6071c577a8f5865e2cd49bd6c632f597.jpg

This is what I use

No plastic on this baby

My son says he wants to mount some lawn chairs and a cooler on the front deck and have someone drive them around the campground at talladega next race

I strongly suggest buying from an actual lawnmower shop. One that services what it sells.
If you qualify and spend $3000 Husqvarna through Sychrony offers 48 month 0%. You can apply on line through Husqvarna website. Good time to add blower, weed eater, hedger etc.

He sqvarna offers multiple variations and price ranges.
My opinion

Good info from an insider. Thanks.
With a quarter acre, $2 - 2.5k buys a lot of lawn service. When you figure in fuel and equipment maintenance it might make more sense to pay a lawn service. Leave yourself free to do the planting and other more enjoyable parts of the yard work.

With a quarter acre, $2 - 2.5k buys a lot of lawn service. When you figure in fuel and equipment maintenance it might make more sense to pay a lawn service. Leave yourself free to do the planting and other more enjoyable parts of the yard work.
Did cross my mind, but I would like to be able to occasionally assist my elderly neighbors mow their yards. Thanks.

Did cross my mind, but I would like to be able to occasionally assist my elderly neighbors mow their yards. Thanks.

I know what you mean m
Got a single mom lives next door to me
She has a push mower
Ive been mowing about half her yard when I do mine
Gonna start just doing the whole thing
Doesn’t take long

I've got a craftsman lawn tractor that's old but refuses to die. 22hp Briggs, 42" deck, think it's 12 years and still going strong. Headlight sucks though.
Don't know if they still make them this good.

Ditto. But Sears didn't make it, Sears just branded it. I'd shy away from Sears products because the company seems to be having trouble, and you can get the same product under another brand.

Mine is a Briggs & Stratton V-twin Intek engine and over 14 years has given me no trouble other than normal wear and tear.

I do suggest thinking carefully about the peculiarities of your piece of land. Mine has some wet areas, and larger rear tires helps the tractor float across. Too wide of a deck can lead to trouble in some tight spaces. I've had trouble with a two-bag system, so I wonder whether three bags is better or worse.

Good luck! Best lawn care decision I ever made. Get a dump trailer to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom