• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which New Lawn Tractor To Purchase

Which New Lawn Tractor To Purchase

• Total voters
For those that know me, it' hard to believe i didn't vote Deere, but unless you'e getting it used, you're not going to buy a real John Deere for 2k or less. The ones you find at Lowes or home depot are not the same as what you get from a Deere dealer. I voted husky because they're the most "bang for the buck" in your list. Out of everything you listed, the husky is the only one I would buy if I weren' going to spend the money on a true John Deere or Scag.

I have a Cub Cadet lawn tractors that hasn’t given me any problems in 10 years. I am sure you are well aware that many of these mowers are simply old brand name. Cub Cadet isn’t the international harvester of years ago, it is made by MTD (MTD also makes Murry mowers).

6071c577a8f5865e2cd49bd6c632f597.jpg

This is what I use

No plastic on this baby

My son says he wants to mount some lawn chairs and a cooler on the front deck and have someone drive them around the campground at talladega next race

How bout some more pics of your Bronco?

I bought a new Cub Cadet in 2006. 52” cut with Koehler twin cylinder 22 or 24 H P. (Can’t remember which). Hydrostatic transmission. It ran great and cut great the whole 10 years I had it. I had to replace the three bearing units that the blades run on once. Only one went out but I went ahead and replaced all three. Right before I sold it the rear differential started leaking oil around the axle seal on the left side. Had a piece of wire wrapped around the axle and destroyed the seal. I found out the differential was a sealed unit and was non serviceable. A new differential had to be special ordered so I bought a John Deere, only because it was on sale and was $750.00 less than the new Cub. Same size and most comparable J D model to the Cub Cadet i had. So far in the 2 years I have had the J D I have no issues with it. So speaking first hand I wouldn’t hesitate to buy either of these.

i'll throw my 2 cents in. I was a small engine mechanic at howard brothers for about 6 years. The big thing to look out for is buying replacement parts and service shops. If you buy a John Deere, You have to go to a john deere place to get parts. Even their air filters are proprietary. Its a real pain. Go to your closest local small engine shop and buy something from them. All the mowers from the big box stores are crap. Try working on them and you will see how cheaply they are made.
You have to spend some $$$ to get a quality machine now days.

I continue to appreciate you guys taking the time to respond and relate your experiences and thoughts. I am really paying attention to them and am considering more options than I first thought about. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom