• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which one do I get?

Pops Wilde

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
19   0
Reaction score
Any opinions are appreciated! I have a second AR10 build going and want the best (within reason) barrel, BCG and adjustable gas block ( I’m using a dead air nomad ti) and a ATN thermal so the adjustable block will soften the recoil. I have a Aero M5e1 upper and aero m5 lower with a magpul PRS gen 3. I have had for months a Wilson combat 18” stainless fluted barrel and nickel boron bcg and low profile gas block ordered from 2 sources. I also have a JP enterprises 18” stainless barrel and matched bcg with their gas block ordered. I think it’s getting close on both and I can only use 1, can’t decide which would be better.

Any opinions are appreciated! I have a second AR10 build going and want the best (within reason) barrel, BCG and adjustable gas block ( I’m using a dead air nomad ti) and a ATN thermal so the adjustable block will soften the recoil. I have a Aero M5e1 upper and aero m5 lower with a magpul PRS gen 3. I have had for months a Wilson combat 18” stainless fluted barrel and nickel boron bcg and low profile gas block ordered from 2 sources. I also have a JP enterprises 18” stainless barrel and matched bcg with their gas block ordered. I think it’s getting close on both and I can only use 1, can’t decide which would be better.

What caliber?

The JP Supermatch barrels are superb, ad would be one of my top choice no matter what your choices were.

Personally, I would ditch the adjustable gas block, unless you need it in a last-ditch-I’ve-expended-all-other-options-and-she-still-won’t-run effort.

I wouldn’t use an NiB BCG, unless that was the last part I needed, and that’s the only one I could find. Shiny garbage.

Sorry it’s .308. I’ve never had a variable block before but with the suppressor giving a lot more back pressure and the ATN electronics I didn’t want the bcg to slam too hard! I may be over thinking this!

I’d shoot it before you think about adding an adjustable gas block. If you have the system balanced properly, an adjustable gas block will do nothing except add unnecessary parts that wear out and need replaced.

Back
Top Bottom