• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which one

I have carried an EC9 in my pocket, it was tight in some but it did work. I did't like the lever trigger that pinched my finger when shooting faster strings, so I sold it. I carry either a G19 or a 1911 now was just looking for another "pocket gun" for when I can't carry a larger weapon.......

I like the Shield 2.0
shoots all ammo I've tried
fit's in my pocket with the grip sticking out
integrated laser
best is I got the package for $249

20180913_171808.jpg

10-4, so you like the sig better than the shield. I found both of them but there's $200 difference in cost,you think the sig is that much better ?

I do. But if cost was an issue I’d pick up a G42 on here for around $350 or $365 and be happy with it. The SIG really is worth it. It’s 11 rounds of 9mm in a package a little larger than a G42.

Already had a G26, I'm looking for something to carry in my front pocket, but I don't want to go down to a 380..

Sig 938 is a great pocket gun. My wife carries the ruger lc9 and loves it. I don't think you can go wrong with the ruger or Smith. My dad has a shield and likes it. I have shot both and for carry I vote ruger.

Elmo's dad, I've been thinking about replacing my S&W 637 (bobbed hammer, DAO action) with some compact 9mm for daily carry, and, like you, I insist on doing pocket carry a lot of the time. I need that pistol to fit in the pocket of most of my pants, no matter whether they're suit pants, casual slacks, cargo pants, jeans, and even running suit bottoms or basketball shorts (in the summer).

I tested several guns. Borrowed some from friends and rented six different models at two shooting ranges. Handled and dry-fired a dozen more, and crossed them off the list without test-firing them.

I decided that no 9mm pocket pistol is as concealable and comfortable to carry as my J-frame .38 snubby. The Ruger LC9s was closest, but I didn't like the way it felt as far as the trigger and reset. Maybe I could get used to it with 200 rounds. I only shot each gun for about 20 - 30 rounds during my testing. I did not have a chance to try the Sig365.
The Kahr CW9, the Glock 43, the Shield all felt great in my hands, but all were taller (bottom of mag to top of slide) than my .38 revolver. The small "boot grip" on my S&W really makes it more concealable, despite the thickness of the cylinder.

MY BOTTOM LINE: I haven't found anything to replace my .38 snubby revolver, alloy-frame, stainless steel cylinder and barrel, +P rated, and wearing Crimson Trace laser grips. What I have now is the best "pocket pistol" I can find. Yes, it only holds 5 shots. I'd rather have 8 shots of 9mm than 5 shots of .38 special. But, I can't do pocket carry easily and discreetly with those small 9mm automatics.

Right now, if I replaced my .38 with any semi-auto as a pocket pistol, I think it would be the Ruger LCP or LCP II (the "II" version has a lighter, shorter trigger, instead of the longer and heavier DAO trigger of the original LCP.) The gun only weighs 10.6 ounces, empty. The capacity is 6+1, which should more than make up for the stopping power difference between .380 acp and .38 spl.

I have not yet fired the Ruger LCP II. I would do that before I bought one, if I could find one to borrow or rent somewhere in the ATL area.

I'm thinking I'll just go back with my original EC9S, which is the same gun as the LC9S with different sights,
not as small as the LCPII, it is just under an inch longer and taller but it is 9mm vs 380.

My buddy I sold it to is willing to let me have it back....

Carrying a Shield in a pocket didn’t work for me, and I tried. It is not thick, but it’s longer and taller than I want. For pocket carry I have a LCP. And if it’s not going in my pocket I carry my 19 or 29, to me not much different than carrying a OWB or IWB shield. I recently purchased a 27 but haven’t carried it yet, I can shoot 40s in my G29. If I remember the mags on the S&W and Rugers are pricey, I suggest you consider a 26.

But if you can fairly comfortably pocket carry a Shield or Ruger then buy which ever has more personal appeal, both guns are excellent.

Had a G26 even pocket carried it a time or two.....I'm like you if i'm gonna holster carry one either iwb or owb it'll be my G19 or one of my 1911s...........

Back
Top Bottom