• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which scope would you buy and why, 4 options

Binocs baby for the win...
I am not a fan of binos because I don't want to waste time moving between glass. Sometimes the window to harvest one is quick and I don't want to fool with binoculars. Plus I want to be able to do some long range shooting with this glass.

If I were spending your money, I'd buy the Nightforce base on reputation alone.

With my money, I'd seriously look at the Nikon Monarch. They have among the highest light transmission available.

I have a Nikon Tactical (now called Monarch X) 2.5-10 that I've had for almost 20 years. It's a seriously rugged scope.

I am not a fan of binos because I don't want to waste time moving between glass. Sometimes the window to harvest one is quick and I don't want to fool with binoculars. Plus I want to be able to do some long range shooting with this glass.

I have spotted more deer in thickets/clearcuts and powerlines at low light conditions vs throwing my gun around. A very easy effective transition actually...

Especially in long range shooting

My next scope is going to be a Leopold VX-R 4X12. I have got close to dark and not been able to see the crosshairs looking a deer. I had to let it walk when I really needed the meat. Next year will be different though.

I have Zeiss and Nikon. I love my Zeiss but some of my upper end Nikon scopes look just as good to my old eyes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For what it is worth I use my Nikon Monarch 7 binocular when searching for a target. I would never use my scope. You can see so much more with binoculars than a scope and you don't point your gun at possible friendly targets.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom