• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which scope would you buy and why, 4 options

If you are Current/Retired LE, Mil(Vet), etc, call Vortex and NF to see if you qualify for a discount.
NF is usually around 20%, I ordered through this program. Have heard from friends that they got crazy discounts from Vortex(rumored of 30-50%). Vortex asks not to reveal the discount amount.

https://vortexoptics.com/military-law-enforcement
https://nightforceoptics.com/milgov-individuals

I haven’t looked at all the NF LE/MIL pricing, but for instance on an NXS 5.5-22x50mm the discount is 15% off MSRP.

Good info guys! Thank you. I'll check the discounts as well because that's saves some $$ for sure. I do have a little time, but I would like to have this setup before hunting season this fall.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190508-172612_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-172612_Samsung Internet.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 23
I would personally get the scope with the lowest bottom end possible. I hunt with a Trijicon accupoint 2.5-10 and shoot on 2.5 more than anything else. I have Binos on a chest harness that I can quickly pull for a better look on distant targets and it’s alot less movement and faster than pulling the gun up. Any movement directly over your body from chest to eye is much less perceivable form the ground than waving a 3 ft gun up to your shoulder.

I tried hunting with a 4-16 before, but I never used the 16 power, and found myself wishing I had lower power. The lower the power, the faster on target you will be, and in the deer woods a single second could mean the difference between sneaking a shot between two trees and missing an opportunity. Don’t believe me? Get your highest power glass, sit a cou-le hundred yards from a highway, and try to throw up and follow cars moving down the road, next try it with a 1 or 3 power scope.

Great point, on the low power. I thought about that on the drive home from work. Ideally I find something that is a 3-20 or 25. I do a lot of neck shooting and head shots these days so i don’t mess up the shoulders. I have to have the high variable of at least 16. I want the 20 to 25 on the high end for stretching out shots in the future.

Back
Top Bottom