• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which scope would you buy and why, 4 options

The Mark 5 HDs are better than the Mark 6's and are actually very good scopes. I can agree on the mushy turrets of most Leupolds. As for nothing competing with NF above 2k, I think there are several companies that would disagree. Kahles, Tangent Theta, ZCO are just a couple to name a few. A Tangent Theta 5-25x56 is simply on another level mechanically and optically. That's not to say the NF aren't good or aren't the best value, but optics don't stop at NF. With that being said, they are a safe bet for sure.
In the $1200 realm, if you can get a used Razor, I think thats probably as good as it gets for the money and I am NOT a Vortex fan at all.

Yes sorry, I agree with all that I worded my statement incorrectly. I meant to say by the time leupold starts kicking ass, now you’re in March, kahles, SB, hensoldt terrotitory. Thanks for clarifying that.

The Mark 5 HDs are better than the Mark 6's and are actually very good scopes. I can agree on the mushy turrets of most Leupolds. As for nothing competing with NF above 2k, I think there are several companies that would disagree. Kahles, Tangent Theta, ZCO are just a couple to name a few. A Tangent Theta 5-25x56 is simply on another level mechanically and optically. That's not to say the NF aren't good or aren't the best value, but optics don't stop at NF. With that being said, they are a safe bet for sure.
In the $1200 realm, if you can get a used Razor, I think thats probably as good as it gets for the money and I am NOT a Vortex fan at all.

The TT’s are SICK. Glad to see someone took the good ideas that Premier Reticle had and make a stellar optic out of them. That boy ran Daddy’s company into the ground.

I continue to see mechanical issues with Leupold “Mark” optics.

The TT’s are SICK. Glad to see someone took the good ideas that Premier Reticle had and make a stellar optic out of them. That boy ran Daddy’s company into the ground.

I continue to see mechanical issues with Leupold “Mark” optics.
The first time I ever saw one years ago I was at SHOT show and I knew nothing about them. Never heard of them. They still have a little booth buried in a separate room. I picked up the scope, looked through it and started messing with the turrets and controls. They didn't have to tell me the price ended with three zeros instead of two, its apparent just by handling the optic. Fast forward to today and some of the most knowledgable optomechanical nerds in the world would pick a TT as their money no object riflescope.

You seeing issues with the 35mm 5HDs?

cmshoot cmshoot
The first time I ever saw one years ago I was at SHOT show and I knew nothing about them. Never heard of them. They still have a little booth buried in a separate room. I picked up the scope, looked through it and started messing with the turrets and controls. They didn't have to tell me the price ended with three zeros instead of two, its apparent just by handling the optic. Fast forward to today and some of the most knowledgable optomechanical nerds in the world would pick a TT as their money no object riflescope.

cmshoot cmshoot

I’ve only seen a few of the Mark 5 HD’S. The first one was owned by a shooting buddy; it went back for repair soon after he got it, then went back a second time for the same issue. The second time, Leupold replaced it. He left it sealed in the box and sold it. I’m trying to remember the exact issue, but I’m drawing a blank.

cmshoot cmshoot
How would you rank Steiner scopes as a 5th addition to the original brands? The LE discounts on them are pretty nice as well.

And others folks opinions to please on Steiner?

Back
Top Bottom