• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which scope would you buy and why, 4 options

Also opinion on the Bushnell XRS 4.5-30x50?

Which Vortex between the below two:
1-viper HS-T 6-24x50
2-viper PST genII 6-25x50

cmshoot cmshoot
1.) Bushnell XRS
2.) PST Gen II
3.) Viper HS-t

99% sure cmshoot cmshoot is going to agree, although I don't think they make a 6-24 Viper PST Gen II, or at least not anymore. 5-25 is the highest in that line, more than enough.

1.) Bushnell XRS
2.) PST Gen II
3.) Viper HS-t

99% sure cmshoot cmshoot is going to agree, although I don't think they make a 6-24 Viper PST Gen II, or at least not anymore. 5-25 is the highest in that line, more than enough.

What about the busnell XRS vs. the NF and the Trijicon in the initial post?

What about the busnell XRS vs. the NF and the Trijicon in the initial post?
That particular Bushnell (elite xrs) I would choose over that particular NF (shv), but normally NF over Bushy. cmshoot cmshoot may disagree there and say go with the SHV regardless.
The trijicon would be last here.

You need to land on a budget and decide if you want new or used (I suggest used) and then layout if you want FFP or SFP, illumination or not, mils or moa and what size and weight you are looking for before you start trying to narrow anything down.

You are working at this backwards. State all your needs vs your resources and then usually the choice becomes much more simple as we eliminate all those that don't qualify.

Also opinion on the Bushnell XRS 4.5-30x50?

Which Vortex between the below two:
1-viper HS-T 6-24x50
2-viper PST genII 6-25x50

cmshoot cmshoot

Bushnell, and then the VVPST GenII, but that would be a 5-25x nowadays. When you look at some of the other scopes you’ve asked about, I wouldn’t consider the HST line.

That particular Bushnell (elite xrs) I would choose over that particular NF (shv), but normally NF over Bushy. cmshoot cmshoot may disagree there and say go with the SHV regardless.
The trijicon would be last here.

You need to land on a budget and decide if you want new or used (I suggest used) and then layout if you want FFP or SFP, illumination or not, mils or moa and what size and weight you are looking for before you start trying to narrow anything down.

You are working at this backwards. State all your needs vs your resources and then usually the choice becomes much more simple as we eliminate all those that don't qualify.

I’d have to get the Bushnell and the NF SHV on the range side by side. That exact Bushnell isn’t one that I’ve used before.

I recommend the SHV to a lot of folks, and most are very happy with them, but when you’re used to using the more expensive NF’s, the SHV’s are..........lacking. They are an excellent scope for the money, but you can’t expect to get the feel and features of an ATACR when you’re paying for an SHV.

Excellent suggestion on narrowing down your search for an optic.

Back
Top Bottom