• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which smoker for a beginner?

seanc770

Default rank <750 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
72   0
Reaction score
Looking to get into the smoking game. Was offered a Louisiana grill (pellet fed) at a good price. Didnt think i needed one, but the more my wife and i thought about it, decided we would entertain the idea. We have a big family and love all bbq. So what should i get?

I have been using a Pit Boss for like 3 years. Cheap but works so long as I clean it out. I’ve put thousands of dollars in meat through it.

Attachments

• 0504F552-1962-45BB-97B6-7DF384E9CC18.jpeg
    0504F552-1962-45BB-97B6-7DF384E9CC18.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 15
I've had a Traegar, Akorns and bullet smokers. But the last one I bought is my favorite. Oklahoma Joe barrel smoker. Easy to run (Not having to plug in your "smoker" is a plus) and you aren't tied down to using those little sawdust pellets that swell with moisture or deal with that auger tube.

I have had a green mountain Daniel Boone pellet grill for four years and love it. Simple to use automatic pellet feeder. Wi-Fi connects to my phone i can set it and forget it. I can see meat temp right on my phone

I've had a Traegar, Akorns and bullet smokers. But the last one I bought is my favorite. Oklahoma Joe barrel smoker. Easy to run (Not having to plug in your "smoker" is a plus) and you aren't tied down to using those little sawdust pellets that swell with moisture or deal with that auger tube.

I have always run a Weber Smokey Mountain. I was wondering how do you clean the Oklahoma Joe type smokers

I have always run a Weber Smokey Mountain. I was wondering how do you clean the Oklahoma Joe type smokers

Open up the top and just lift out the charcoal basket and then the ash basket. I have a cover for mine and so far have not had to clean the inside any more than just dumping ash and cleaning grill and heat deflector.

Back
Top Bottom