• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which waders to buy for trout fly fishing?

Most of the cost is durability. They have nice features as well, but some of the lower cost options can leak within a season. You have to know how much you plan on using them to know what to spend. Look on ebay for used wadders.

You are looking at the worst/highest demand season for wadders. It is harder to get good deals.

I think Simms are the best, but you can get a lesser model than the G4.

I think the Orvis has the best value waders and they stand behind their products.

I've used this setup for over 4 year's. Zero issue's

All waders will wear out, I've had simms guide waders and they were to thick and restricted movements.
The orvis ultralight are super comfortable all day and very light for summer fishing. During the winter i add thermals and have never been cold. Biggest thing for me is to make sure your boots are comfortable, be sure to pick out waders first then try on boots with said waders.

Side note, if you need any help catching those browns in your backyard give me a holler

E Early gave me some great advice!

My plans are to use these at least 4-5x/month since the river is literally in my backyard. Quality is more important to me than value.

I like Orvis Waders and Cabelas Felt wading boots. I also have a older pair of ll bean emerger waders that never seem to die. LOL.

i like those boots as well as cabels breathable waders. on
my second set since 1998. only reason i replaced the first set it they had gotten to dirty.
will i buy them again? damn right. i bet i got over 1k trips on the first set. not the first leak or repair.

Back
Top Bottom