• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which would you rather buy (SKS)?

Which would you buy?

• Fair to Good Norinco ~$450

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Appears Unfired Norinco ~$600

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Something off of this board ($ varies)

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Another option (please specify)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Wouldn't buy an SKS (please explain why)

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
Unless your a collector/History person, I don't see paying these prices when AR's been in this ball park personally. SKS was great for 79, 150, heck 250. But these prices today, I would spend the money else where if it was me.

16423904346273658428383267802652.jpg

Unless your a collector/History person, I don't see paying these prices when AR's been in this ball park personally. SKS was great for 79, 150, heck 250. But these prices today, I would spend the money else where if it was me.
Yeah I wound up holding out. I got a C&R license so I'm crawling down that rabbit hole for a while. If I see a decent deal for an SKS I'd still hop on it though.

I appreciate the input from everybody.

And believe it or not my father in law picked up a new in box m model with 400 rounds of ammo for $300 last week. Obviously the previous owner didn't know what he had, of course my father in law didn't know what it was either.

I bought a Chinese paratrooper model at a gun show when I was stationed in Hawaii. I think I paid $200. Way more than they were going for back then but it was Hawaii so the price was fair for that region. That was 1987-88 era. That was before Hawaii turned commie. The owner had taken a torch to the wood stock and made burn marks that gave it a tiger stripe camo look. Great gun. I hunted pigs and goats on Kauai with it. Never shot anything there but I've shot several deer and pigs with it in Ga. I still have it and won't ever sell it.
Pic?

I have personally owned 3 norinco's two being the full 20" barrel and the 3rd is a paratrooper. The paratrooper is the one I haven't sold because it has been my favorite of the 3 by far. My son just received a norinco from his grandfather a few months back that was left to him in his will (R.I.P George). It was in original box still covered in cosmolin. Got all cleaned but yet to go shoot it, but trust me he cant wait! All in all we have 5 in the family one of them being Russian. All of ours have all functioned flawlessly with no issues and we will buy more if the price is to low to pass up. Here is 3 of the 5
Top: '54 Russian Tula
Middle: '66 Norinco 26 marking paratrooper
Bottom: '80 Norinco 0404 marking

Attachments

• 20220125_202417.jpg
    20220125_202417.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom