• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"While hunting or camping"

The reason you would not have to insist that your friend have his weapons carry license to bring a gun to your property for the barbecuuevthat you invited him to is simply because it's not your job to be the policeman!
Even on your own property. You don't have to get involved when you see your friend breaking a gun law.

But you don't have the power to excuse him from obeying the gun control law that says he has to have a weapons carry license (GWL) to carry a handgun or large knife away from his own home, his own property, his own place of business, an is not engaged in hunting, fishing, or sport shooting.

The reason you would not have to insist that your friend have his weapons carry license to bring a gun to your property for the barbecuuevthat you invited him to is simply because it's not your job to be the policeman!
Even on your own property. You don't have to get involved when you see your friend breaking a gun law.

But you don't have the power to excuse him from obeying the gun control law that says he has to have a weapons carry license (GWL) to carry a handgun or large knife away from his own home, his own property, his own place of business, an is not engaged in hunting, fishing, or sport shooting.
Forgive me for wording my hypothetical as if I was having a BBQ and taking the law into my own hands. The intent of my question was the legality of the carrier. To rephrase- you are saying that it is unlawful for an individual without a GWL to carry a handgun while occupying another individuals private property? (For example - a BBQ, or visiting their parents home, or significant other, etc that all would give permission if required)?

If that is the case - I’ve previously broken an additional law I didn’t know in this great free land we live.

Can I BBQ armed on my own property?

Where do you go to fish with a gun?

Asking for a friend.

Pictured below.

4EA94F08-F566-48C0-B28E-BC4060407301.jpeg

Open carry without a license is illegal and has been the law for decades.
To carry a firearm and some other weapons you must have a GWL.

Learned something new.

Guess the 2nd part of the 2nd Amendment got repealed while I wasn’t paying attention.

You know, the part about “bearing” arms.

Can I BBQ armed on my own property?

Where do you go to fish with a gun?

Asking for a friend.

Pictured below.

View attachment 1697240
Do you have a GBL (Georgia Barbacuer's License)?
I'm not sure if you really need a GBL to BBQ on YOUR property - but make sure you don't let any of your friends that don't have a GBL check the temp, or government forbid certainly don't let them flip the meat!

I recommend fishing with a gun wherever criminal fish are present - specifically everywhere you fish.

Your friend looks like he may already have a van down by the river to fish and BBQ from.

Back
Top Bottom