• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whirlpool refrigerator repair

GoDawgsGo

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
178   0
Reaction score
so our 1 year old refrigerator stopped making ice. I was seeing if there was anyone on here that does repairs on them. It's funny how things break right when the warranty stops.

I think some of them are on the back.
Follow the waterline on the back of the fridge from the Ice maker. I don't remember exactly where it was located.
I do remember the filters were expensive.

Sometimes they will just get hung up. I have done a little forced rotation of the rotating piece that pushes the Ice out of the tray and they would start back working

Personally, I'm an Ice tray man.

Hold up - Pause. You had it a year and haven't changed the filter on it? Most new fridges want you to change the filter at least every 6 months with light usage.
Second question - do you hear water running to the fridge ice maker every now and then or no?
Third question - is it push button operated for ice, or do you have to scoop it from a bin in the freezer?

Whats the model number? Most new whirlpools have their filters in the top ceiling inside the fridge under a "humped" cover. Push it in and the cover pops down.

I had a blockage in mine a month or so ago. There was a large chunk of ice in the chute. Mine was push button operated with the ice running down the chute, so I took a butter knife and took a few moments chisling away the blockage. No problems then.

Lol like I said earlier I can not find a filter on this thing. It's a bottom freezer refrigerator. I use to hear the water running to it but now I don't. And I scoop the ice from the bin.

Back
Top Bottom