• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who all carry a pistol while deer hunting

Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. It is illegal to take, kill, or possess black or turkey vultures, their eggs, and any body parts including but not limited to their feathers; violation of the law is punishable by a fine of up to $100,000 for individuals or $200,000 for organizations, and/or a prison term of 1 year.
Good Lord that a stiff penalty for shooting a carian eagle!

I carry every time i hunt……you never know when it might be needed to ward off 2 or 4 legged varmints.
A loaded deer rifle or a 30 round mag in an AR will ward off most anything, but there might be a time where my handgun might be my preferred weapon of use. I mainly consider that when hunting public land, since I'm coming out of the woods onto a public road and my rifle has to be unloaded 50 yards from the roadway. My rifle won’t do me much good if it is empty.
I carry a G-40 loaded to the hilt with Underwoods and a spare mag, in a Kenai chest rig.

Good Lord that a stiff penalty for shooting a carian eagle!
Im pretty sure they are government employees. I cant imagine what the roads would look like if the were not constantly cleaning up. My wife was really happy when I shot a hog in our back yard and she came home to 13 of them roosted in the tree behind our house. I told her I would shoo them away but they are protected. I wish I had been protected.

Im pretty sure they are government employees. I cant imagine what the roads would look like if the were not constantly cleaning up. My wife was really happy when I shot a hog in our back yard and she came home to 13 of them roosted in the tree behind our house. I told her I would shoo them away but they are protected. I wish I had been protected.
Most excellent! I got a great belly roll on that one bro. Keep em coming!

I carry a pistol about half the time. I've shot 1 yote with my Blackhawk in 2018. If I had my pistol with me more often there would probably be more dead yotes and Pigs in Warren County. Turkey season I don't carry a pistol.

I can’t hunt anymore but the last 15 years or so that I did I carried. Had an encounter with an infamous thief of Meriwhether/Coweta county after a morning sit. I generally hunted with a muzzleloader all season so it made sense to carry a little something extra.

Back
Top Bottom