• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who all has owned this gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was the gun ever in a fire? was that disclosed to any of the previous buyers?:tape2::evil:

This is what VaderPainter told me.

VaderPainter said:
*snip*

I purchased it back in the 90's from Tucker Gun, it was a military armory build, Federal Ordinace I believe. In 2001 my house burned to the ground, most of my firearms were damaged in the fire. I took some of the insurance money and I purchased a Douglass heavy barrel and some upgraded pieces and had David's Gun room build the gun for me. It sat in my gun safe for many years until I decided to sell it off in January of this year. I only shot it a couple of times the entire time I owned it and never had an issue with it, I loaned to a hunter friend of mine during that time as well and he never complained about it's functionality. It had a Dura-Bake finish added in the last several years but I can't remember if I shot it after, probally not.
*snip*

VaderPainter said:
*snip*I owned the gun since the 90's. What I am sure about is this I purchased it from Tucker Gun, the stock was slightly scorched in a house fire in 2001. I took the gun to David's gun room who rebuilt it using the parts I bought and test fired it. It sat in my gun safe. I might have ran 50 rounds through it the entire time i owned it. I loaned it to a friend that took it hunting. I don't know if he fired it or not. I have not seen or heard from him in over 10 years. That is all I know about the gun.*snip*

In fairness, he did not tell me that Rusty Kidd built the gun. The guy I got it from told me that he had told him that Rusty Kidd built the gun. The guy I got it from also said that he was told it had only been fired ten times, which is not what I was told.

So much dishonesty in the world today.

Of course, nothing was ever mentioned about a "fire" to the guy I got it from, or to me until after I got the piece of crap. I sure would have like to have known that tidbit of information BEFORE I traded into the gun.

Of course, I don't believe anything anybody says about this gun anymore so there is no telling if their is ANY truth to any of this.

Last edited:
How dare you write the truth! In today's society you might be hauled in for enlightening the masses like that. Truth is almost a four letter word,shame on you!

Individual call outs in threads.

This.

I wanted to save it for posterity. It was well written, fair and balanced. It did not form a conclusion yet allowed the reader to draw their own. I am willing to bet that 90% of those that read this will come to the same conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom