• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who All Likes Green Beans?

who all likes green beans

• Total voters
Dang right… how about you BIKER13 BIKER13 ? I see you voted yes, any particular way you like’em?

That’s our go to for a get together.. my wife makes an awesome batch of maple bacon 🥓 green beans. SOOO GOOD!! 👍

You done did it brother. Now post a recipe for them bad boys.............

I had a BIL who "had" to have green beans for Sunday dinner every week. No other meal, but if it was Sunday, it was green beans. My good sister accommodated his request. I like fresh from the garden green beans with some pork and onion cooked in. Can't stand "green bean casserole".

Figured I can still buy em but with the way things are going at this point who knows?!
Just like everything else they have gone up in price noticed the other day while I was shopping at Kroger
[/QUOTE]

Yeh. At least their canned.

Should probably stock up.

Figured I can still buy em but with the way things are going at this point who knows?!
Just like everything else they have gone up in price noticed the other day while I was shopping at Kroger
[/QUOTE]
You can buy them...see them in Walmart frequently. Only thing is you gotta snap them and pull the spine string yourself...... As a boy, I remember my mama doing that. Sitting there with a big bowl of them. Snap! Pull....repeat... Guess that's why we called them string beans.

You done did it brother. Now post a recipe for them bad boys.............
Yeah buddy… there are all kinds of recipes out there.. but we experimented and started using the below.. it’s simple as our boys don’t all like some other stuff we put in them.
I’ll also add some additional items you can toss in for flavor…that I like and most others do as well.

Ingredients:
-Can use fresh cut or canned (unsalted/low sodium) green beans.. if using fresh cut add a cup of water or 1 & 1/2 cups
-Maple bacon 🥓 (half a package will do it, we’ve been using store bought.. if you can’t find it.. you can get creative with hickory bacon and maple syrup).
-a little salt
-A little pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter

How to cook:
-Chop up RAW bacon into little bits (1/4-1/2” bits)
-put in with green beans, unsalted butter, salt and pepper
-Cooks 1.5 hours - 2 hours, lower medium heat, stirring about every 10-15 minutes (you don’t want them getting scorched)

Simple but awesome. The raw maple bacon cooking down with the green beans and unsalted butter does it.

Now if I was making them for me… I’d add in a Chopped up Vidalia Onion (possibly half depending on how big it is) to bring out some additional sweetness.

My wife likes adding in cooked down yellow or Vidalia onions after the fact… but we usually just take them like listed above.

Hope you like’em, we never come home with any leftovers!! 😂

Back
Top Bottom