• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who all wants a new production HK PSG1 besides me?

I've shot several of the PSG-1's and was never impressed. Crap trigger and so-so accuracy for the price you paid. Over $10,000 for a 1MOA semi-auto that's difficult to mount optics to. An M1A is 1MOA and difficult to mount optics to for 1/10 of the price. For $3,000-$5.000 you can buy one of several semi-auto .308's that will shoot rings around the PSG-1 and have a built-in Picatinny rail.

I like HK rifles . Especially roller locks . The PSG does nothing for me . I'd still choose to keep my PTR-91 . With my acog on there it gets good enough results that I am satisfied.

If that's your thing though I say do it . Then buy a sear pack and make it auto

IMG_5418.PNG

I think the bragging point on the PSG is that HK took an assault rifle and modified it into a 1 MOA-ish precision type rifle. At the time there were very, very few semi auto sniper rifles worthy of the name.
In its day it was very noteworthy-now there are lots of better platforms for a semi auto precision rifle.

Took quite a bit of doing to get the PSG-1 to shoot 1MOA reliably. Amongst other modifications, they welded steel strips to the outside of the receiver to stiffen it.

Back
Top Bottom