• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who buys catalytic converters?

JBob44

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
48   0
Reaction score
Came off a 7.3 power stroke. Located in Acworth...looking for someone to buy it since I don’t have a receipt where I purchased a new one..Thanks

There not worth much at all. A buyer will give you 10 to 20 bucks for them if there buying a lot of converters from you but if its all you have they usually wont buy just a post 08 diesel converter.

I have worked off of Fulton Ind Blvd for the past 10-12 years. It is a GUARANTEE that if we leave a vehicle outside and not in the warehouse, the cc WILL be stolen.

call around to alot of recycling and scrap yards. there is one around here that will but price varies on models and aftermarket or not. but plenty of factory ones will sell for 40-50 a cat.

I listed a set of 1993 mustang cats (4 on h pipe) on Facebook for 250 and had them sold in 20 minutes with 3 people who wanted them. Guy told me it depends on the cat, but the OEM apparently go for more money.

I have worked off of Fulton Ind Blvd for the past 10-12 years. It is a GUARANTEE that if we leave a vehicle outside and not in the warehouse, the cc WILL be stolen.
I delivered bamboo to a landscaping outfit around Marietta a few years ago and I kept hearing really loud exhaust. Then I realized nearly all their Isuzu work trucks had the converters stolen and they were running wide open exhaust.
As for the OP and his converter I'd suggest calling scrap yards in your area. Last time I cashed them in they were worth WAY more than " $10.00 to $20.00". But that's been about 5 years ago and different models have different values. It used to be that the Euro import cats and the big GM " Breadloaf" were worth the most.

I listed a set of 1993 mustang cats (4 on h pipe) on Facebook for 250 and had them sold in 20 minutes with 3 people who wanted them. Guy told me it depends on the cat, but the OEM apparently go for more money.
Yeah factory originals have more of the valuable metals/materials in them than the aftermarket cats.

Post def converters in diesel trucks are not worth much at all. I sell converters all the time. You might luck up on an uniformed buyer who is new and he might slip up and pay you more but its unlikely. Diesels were not loaded like gas vehicles prior to 08.

Back
Top Bottom