• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who deserves the reward?

If possible I would have moved my child to safety. By myself I would likely engage (could probably dig up numerous reports to prove it) But there is no telling what evils they would have visited on that child and frankly HOT AS HELL wife, if he engaged and failed. And everyone can fail, especially those that are over confident.
To place them in danger just to feed my manly ego would not be very responcible of me as a husband and father.
Different story if there was no opportunity to remove them from danger. Even the Secret Service will attempt to get their charges to safety before they would engage a threat.
I doubt any reputable security firm would agree with the more "manly" members in this thread.

ca

ll it a tactical egress if it helps, but i have won every fight i have never been in. the ones i have been in i have never won, i have come out on top on occasion , but never won.
if i have my family with me, i will get between them and danger, but only a fool does not avoid danger when he is with his family...
no matter how good you are,someone is always better. the fact he had two guys,no matter how stupid they look. they are in his yard and he knows they killed to guards. now these guys are locked up on a prison bus, get free,kill two guards with their own guns. we know this happened, so they may have an advantage over a guy trying to protect his little girl...
dumb badasses in real life,vs a badass thinking about it after the fact..

So going out of the house without your weapon drawn, after taking the time to load it, knowing the criminals are in the area, seems like a good plan?

I guess some folks are better off running and hiding, instead of standing their ground.

Don't know that I would have played it like he did, but I can't imagine the regret had something gone wrong, my daughter got killed because of a decision I made to try to capture these two with my daughter tagging along. The two escapees surrendered easy but nobody here and surely the guy they surrendered to didn't think it would play out like that. If I could have assured my kids safety and confronted, I would. To confront with my child present or get her out safe I probably would have gotten her to safety. East to Monday morning quarterback.

If possible I would have moved my child to safety. By myself I would likely engage (could probably dig up numerous reports to prove it) But there is no telling what evils they would have visited on that child and frankly HOT AS HELL wife, if he engaged and failed. And everyone can fail, especially those that are over confident.
To place them in danger just to feed my manly ego would not be very responcible of me as a husband and father.
Different story if there was no opportunity to remove them from danger. Even the Secret Service will attempt to get their charges to safety before they would engage a threat.
I doubt any reputable security firm would agree with the more "manly" members in this thread.

I don't have to feed my ego, it's pretty much self sustaining.

Well maybe the cops shouldn't have been chasing the criminals and they wouldn't have been in this person's yard?
You know, it's for the children and all?

.....I ain't running scared
:tsk: :rolleyes2:

The reality is this;
He noticed the threat and had the tactical advantage.
Had a firearm for self defense
Got his daughter to safety
Didn't die trying to be an Operator
Gets to see his daughter grow up
Gets the dudes arrested
Gets the reward
Sounds like a win win situation to me, God works in mysterious ways...

Don't know that I would have played it like he did, but I can't imagine the regret had something gone wrong, my daughter got killed because of a decision I made to try to capture these two with my daughter tagging along. The two escapees surrendered easy but nobody here and surely the guy they surrendered to didn't think it would play out like that. If I could have assured my kids safety and confronted, I would. To confront with my child present or get her out safe I probably would have gotten her to safety. East to Monday morning quarterback.

If you decided to take a different route home than usual, got involved in a wreck, and lost or injured your child, would you blame yourself for the decision you made?

I guess I should move, due to the police having license checks in front of my house, and the criminals that run use my yard for a get away.
Should I feel guilt if one of those criminals were to come in contact and harm or kill a family member?

If you decided to take a different route home than usual, got involved in a wreck, and lost or injured your child, would you blame yourself for the decision you made?

I guess I should move, due to the police having license checks in front of my house, and the criminals that run use my yard for a get away.
Should I feel guilt if one of those criminals were to come in contact and harm or kill a family member?
Yea, I probably would ask myself why I went a different way. Loosing a child would cause guilt regardless or from those I have known who did, I have came to believe that. If you can move your family from a dangerous neighborhood and don't, yes, you bear some responsibility for the outcome, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom