• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who deserves the reward?

Why is this man a coward, because he was about to leave a dangerous situation, to protect his child, from possibly being murdered?

I don't see him as a coward.

I see him as a Dad with a small child, doing what he thought was in her best interest.

It was IMO a poor decision but it worked out. However, if both killers were armed being out in the open with just a car for cover... well it could have really went badly for him.

Every military leadership course teaching tactics and battle doctrine are consistent. If attacking at bare minimum 3:1 odds ratio is standard training and preferred is a 5:1 ratio to ensure success.

He should have went to a secure space in the home, activated the emergency services/911, used cover to defend from and allowed them to come to him if it came to that.

That's sound tactics. He would have the advantage and historically the odds favor his victory.

I see him as a Dad with a small child, doing what he thought was in her best interest.

It was IMO a poor decision but it worked out. However, if both killers were armed being out in the open with just a car for cover... well it could have really went badly for him.

Every military leadership course teaching tactics and battle doctrine are consistent. If attacking at bare minimum 3:1 odds ratio is standard training and preferred is a 5:1 ratio to ensure success.

He should have went to a secure space in the home, activated the emergency services/911, used cover to defend from and allowed them to come to him if it came to that.

That's sound tactics. He would have the advantage and historically the odds favor his victory.

Agreed! Plus, I'd rather be lucky than good any day!

I totally agree.
But it seems that leaving the safety of the home and going out in the open to get in a vehicle with one holstered handgun and a kid in tow, seems to be what most of the sheeple that want to brow beat me would do.
But I also think that some folks just like disagree regardless.

But it's for the children.

www.quickmeme.com_img_22_22ac8884fd0df07355f0ae5a940a4cde42cd257b9387ab734ac927a1653b2dd1.jpg

Coming from you that means a lot. lol

I was praying that there would be at least two more shots, one in the head of each of the criminals.
It sure would have been a lot easier and less expensive for the taxpayers.

"Hale said friends had just alerted him that the fugitives wanted in the slayings of two prison guards had been spotted in his area of rural Tennessee, so he quickly loaded his guns. Moments later, he saw them climb over his fence and approach his home, where he was alone with his little girl..."

Should have been loaded already... Glad no one else was hurt.
Many people believe there should be no unsecured loaded guns when toddlers are present. I have come to that line of thought over the years. Pain in the butt when someone with little ones drops by unexpectedly, moving stuff to the safe, but beats having a tragedy.
I applaud the guy for wanting to protect his child, but not sure about his tactics.

Castle doctrine be damned, just open up the window and shoot 'em from the house.

I'd love to see a DA try to bring up charges against a guy who killed two cop killers. Would be career suicide.

I don't know the details of how it really went down, but if the criminals decided to give up and surrender to the next person they encountered while they were out in the woods, and they ditched their guns, and took their shirts off so everybody could see they didn't have guns tucked in their waistbands of their pants, and if this homeowner in TN was trying to flee from them and they insisted on surrendering to him because his car looked like a cop car...

Then I can see the logic in saying that that particular guy didn't really capture the fugitives-- he was just in the right time and place to receive their surrender.

If the couple who had been robbed and tied up at home were critical in supplying TN cops with the fugitives' location and vehicle type that led to the shootout with them just a short time before the killers surrendered to the evacuating homeowner, I think they deserve a big share of the reward money.

Back
Top Bottom