• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who do you guys use for car insurance?

We pay Auto-Owners. The question was which do we use and that is none of them. Windshield busted at UGA baseball game didn’t want to to risk increase paid out of pocket. Wife car damaged in parking lot didn’t file a claim. Last Saturday I backed into my mom’s car in our driveway. Our car is $1600 and won’t know what moms is until Tuesday. Won’t file this either. We have a $1000 deductible and I would go to $5000 if I could. Hate insurance pay $3600 a year for something we can’t use because it will cause an increase. 3 drivers 4 vehicles no tickets no claims

I had Allstate for 20 years and they raised rates every renewal cycle despite being claim free/accident free/ticket free on both auto and home. They always had an excuse. I read Clark Howard recommended you fire your insurance company every two years because there really is no such thing as loyalty on their end, they all take advantage of customers assuming longevity reaps some reward.

So I shopped around and called Geico and in just like that, my rate for three autos with two adults and a teenager driving went from $560/month to $166/month…yes, damn near $400 a month saving over Allstate!

So over the next two years, Geico started creeping up to $380 per month with no claims/tickets/accidents so I fired them and am currently with Auto Owners. For the first time in 37 years of carrying my own insurance, my auto has gone down every cycle. I’ve had them for going on five years. It’s a twelve month renewal cycle rather than six and I pay it all in a lump sum to avoid the monthly billing charges and get the best rate but still, thousands less than Allstate, Geico, Statefarm Etc.

Oh, and when I call my agent with a question or policy change, she answers the phone, “hey Roy, how’re you doing?” And then she’ll ask me how the family is doing.

I had Allstate for 20 years and they raised rates every renewal cycle despite being claim free/accident free/ticket free on both auto and home. They always had an excuse. I read Clark Howard recommended you fire your insurance company every two years because there really is no such thing as loyalty on their end, they all take advantage of customers assuming longevity reaps some reward.

So I shopped around and called Geico and in just like that, my rate for three autos with two adults and a teenager driving went from $560/month to $166/month…yes, damn near $400 a month!

So over the next two years, Geico started creeping up to $380 per month with no claims/tickets/accidents so I fired them and am currently with Auto Owners. For the first time in 37 years of carrying my own insurance, my auto has gone down every cycle. I’ve had them for going on five years. It’s a 12 month renewal cycle rather than six and I pay it all in a lump sum to avoid the charges and get the best rate but still, thousands less than Allstate, Geico, Statefarm Etc.

Oh, and when I call my agent with a question or policy change, she answers the phone, “hey Gary, how’re you doing?” And then she’ll ask me how the family is doing.
My auto owners has never gone down. The reason I'm there is I can text, call or email the lady who handles my accounts if needed. If that doesn't work the guy that owns the agency and I have been friends since second grade. I really had to think about what company I'm with because I simply pay it twice a year and the rest of the time I just text or email my people. Of course he and I talk about noN insurance stuff more than work related.

We pay Auto-Owners. The question was which do we use and that is none of them. Windshield busted at UGA baseball game didn’t want to to risk increase paid out of pocket. Wife car damaged in parking lot didn’t file a claim. Last Saturday I backed into my mom’s car in our driveway. Our car is $1600 and won’t know what moms is until Tuesday. Won’t file this either. We have a $1000 deductible and I would go to $5000 if I could. Hate insurance pay $3600 a year for something we can’t use because it will cause an increase. 3 drivers 4 vehicles no tickets no claims
Looks like I will find how how well auto owners will take care of me. Our car is $1600+ and moms is $2200+. I guess Im going to file a claim. Auto owners only goes up three years where most carriers go up five. I’m hoping that ours doesn’t increase $2800 over the next three years due to one claim.

My Frontier has 3400 miles on it. Last Saturday night I was rear ended by a guy driving a 2004 Ford Expedition. He took full fault, said his brakes failed at the time and told the officer the same thing. He has State Farm. Got a call from State Farm Thursday wanting to interview me about the accident, first question, was what was I doing out driving that night. Thie accident was at approximately 7:15. My response was apparently getting in a wreck caused by your client. Then told him to look at the accident report and the statements given by the client at the scene. after about a minute State Farm accepted responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom