• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who else breaks something every time they bush hog??

My theory was always that if I could push it over with the tractor and run over it the bush hog would cut it.

Worked fine until I found a mound of bricks the brick mason had dumped in the back and broke one of the blades off at the bolt hole. That blade went completely under the tractor and out the front about 20 feet. Good thing it did not rise up, would have killed me.

This hog is one of the antique heavy duty ones with the thick heavy blades. It did not cut as much as just knocked things down. Had to get new type of blades, could not find old ones.

If you use a grade 8 bolt you won't break shear pins. Of course you will have to buy a gear box.
When I worked at the John Deere place I had a customer who did that. It was a very expensive lesson for him.

If you use a grade 8 bolt you won't break shear pins. Of course you will have to buy a gear box.
When I worked at the John Deere place I had a customer who did that. It was a very expensive lesson for him.

I did upgrade from the Tractor Supply pins, but I did not go as high as a grade 8. I knew about the reason for shear pins before doing something crazy!!

Begun the time consuming task of moving mulch into the back woods for an orchard. This is 4 hours and 50ish loads. This is going to take awhile...

IMG_1174.jpg

You know they make bolt on clutches for the PTO.

Well. Maybe you don't know.

Two of us run the tractor at our deer club, 75 HP. so it's got some "get up and go". CANNOT get him to straighten up the driveshaft on the bushhog, so about half the time, it's down with a busted universal joint, and the nearest place to buy one is 50 miles away. City boy who likes to thing he knows about machinery - just ain't happening.

Back
Top Bottom